All my friends and followers have disappeared

Highlighted

All my friends and followers have disappeared

davidmsim
Casual Listener

have suddenly lost all of my followers and friends. I was following about 115 people, and had about 8 people following me, but now both are zero. 

Interestingly, however, the playlists of mine that had followers still have them.

I have tried logging in and out of the desktop client and the web version, and I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting my Facebook account. 

26 Replies

Re: All my friends and followers have disappeared

Liam
Community Legend

That's the second person that's had this issue, I'll ask a member of the Spotify team :)

Liam

davidmsim
Casual Listener

Thanks, Liam.

Coppolao
Regular

Yes me too.

Now I have just one follower that started to follow me on Saturday, July the 6th.

All the others - I was following about 40 people and about 30 were following me - disappeared.

Please let me know if I can have them back.

Best regards,

Luca

davidmsim
Casual Listener

Mine all returned a day or two after I posted the message. I don't know if someone at Spotify fixed it for me or if it just magically sorted itself out.

DaveBalboni

I have the same problem!

Coppolao
Regular

Like davidmsim, my contacts appeared again

kankra84

same problem. i don't know for how long. just noticed it 5mins ago.

Peter__
Community Legend

The spotify team are investigating this issue (I esclated it as a problem yesterday!)

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

ayric
Regular

Thanks Peter! Similar problems happen time and again. If you have more than 1,000 followers, it may drop to 0 and then to 1,000 exactly - which it stays at for a while. This was reported in a separate thread as well, but that thread seems abandoned. Surely related, but just to point out that this is not a one-off. It's happened before, but not for as long as this time.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Follower-count-has-a-bug/m-p/468014#...

SUGGESTED POSTS