Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

All my friends and followers have disappeared

All my friends and followers have disappeared

have suddenly lost all of my followers and friends. I was following about 115 people, and had about 8 people following me, but now both are zero. 

Interestingly, however, the playlists of mine that had followers still have them.

I have tried logging in and out of the desktop client and the web version, and I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting my Facebook account. 

26 Replies

That's the second person that's had this issue, I'll ask a member of the Spotify team 🙂

Liam

Thanks, Liam.

Yes me too.

Now I have just one follower that started to follow me on Saturday, July the 6th.

All the others - I was following about 40 people and about 30 were following me - disappeared.

Please let me know if I can have them back.

Best regards,

Luca

Mine all returned a day or two after I posted the message. I don't know if someone at Spotify fixed it for me or if it just magically sorted itself out.

I have the same problem!

Like davidmsim, my contacts appeared again

same problem. i don't know for how long. just noticed it 5mins ago.

The spotify team are investigating this issue (I esclated it as a problem yesterday!)

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks Peter! Similar problems happen time and again. If you have more than 1,000 followers, it may drop to 0 and then to 1,000 exactly - which it stays at for a while. This was reported in a separate thread as well, but that thread seems abandoned. Surely related, but just to point out that this is not a one-off. It's happened before, but not for as long as this time.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Follower-count-has-a-bug/m-p/468014#...

I have the same problem since a couple of weeks, how can I fix it?

I received this reply from their customer service on July 14: 

"It looks like this is an issue we're currently aware of.

It's been escalated and is being looked into by our best and brightest as we speak 😃

Sorry for the inconvenience.

We should have this sorted for you soon. If you see your followers shoot back up, you know we've done some good."

Hi guys,

We are still looking into it, I'm afraid. It's proving to be a little trickier than first anticipated.

You should see some progress soon.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have lost my followers for a second time in a month. How am I supposed to lead ithese folks into some musical promised land? 

I had the same problem. Used to have activity sidebar also, with what my friends were listening to, and new friends that joined Spotify.

Now I get only one follower that I added, and get no activity sidebar.

The friends that I have aren't shown to be added again, so I can't re-follow those lost.

The activity panel has been removed on some accounts as discussed in this thread.

The friends I was following and those following me have also disappeared this past week. I can't see them to try to recover them from Facebook, either. This problem was reported a year ago in this thread - is it back again and what can you do to fix it?

@vickihwright - Weird I am not aware of any issues that would make them disappear. Can you still see all of your playlists when you log in?

Peter

I got it back today.

Might have been during the weekend, but I only logged in today.

My friends' activity pane (when in Browse) is enabled again, and I see all my friends there.

The Activity screen by itself only has one friend of mine.

Seen quite a few reports of activity being "lonely" lately, although the activity tab only displays things people have shared (not scrobbled like the sidebar) so I tend to find it is always pretty empty for me at the minute.

Peter

Suggested posts