Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

All playlists offline right before boarding plane. DNS and 3 devices error.

All playlists offline right before boarding plane. DNS and 3 devices error.

Hi guys,

I was traveling yesterday. By plane.

I was standing on the stairs before the boarding pass check, ready to go onto the tarmac and go into the plane. I got out my headphones because I really wanted to listen to some music and didn't want to hear a plane full of talking people later. I turned on my iPhone 4S and selected Spotify.

ERROR MESSAGE 1
There's a DNS error. Please connect to a network. Note that I just wanted to listen to music offline (the reason why I got Premium).

I had to sign in again. I knew what time it was. I turned on my 3G and signed in.

ERROR MESSAGE 2 (after signing in)

You are using Spotify on more than three devices.

All offline playlists gone (happened I lost count how many times on my holiday).

No music on the plane was unthinkable, so I had to sync music over 3G (who's paying for that Spotify?). I could only sync a grand total of 8 songs, for a 3 hour flight. Awesome.

So Spotify completely failed me. And I mean completely. It's hard to explain how bad I want them to just fix tis issue. 

SPOTIFY. YOUR SERVICE FAILED ME MINUTES BEFORE BOARDING A PLANE. This is the worst case scenario. Today, for the first time, I didn't bring my expensive headphones to work. Why would I? Spotify Premium doesn't work and I can't listen to just 8 songs.. And I might get the message again. Because of this issue, I have re-synced my playlists at least 10 times in the last weeks. It's ridiculous.

Please let me/us know what the status of this issue is. As a customer I'd like to say: just as you have no issue with us paying a monthly fee, we should be able to expect a quick response and clarity. We are paying for a service that isn't working properly. I want to be a paying Spotify customer and I do not wish to download any music (paid or otherwise), I simply do not want to own music files on my device since it's too much hassle for me. I want Spotify, but I want it to work. 

1 Reply

See these two other threads about this:

This one was started 3 months ago (THREE MONTHS, yes)

https://getsatisfaction.com/spotify/topics/iphone_offline_playlists_de_synced_3_device_limit

This one was started February 20th

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/Offline-synced-on-more-then-3-devic...

No responses from any moderators since March 13th. It's April 12th now.

Suggested posts