Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

All songs from an artist downloading and playing despite being 'unliked'

All songs from an artist downloading and playing despite being 'unliked'

This is a general problem that occurs on all platforms and (I assume) on all licenses.

With the new ui update, alongside making the recently played section relegated to a small section on the home screen, someone had the bright idea to make every single song from an album that even just 1 song is 'liked' in download and play from the artist page, even if the song is not liked. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I use the artist's page (the one that shows just the saved albums and songs from them) to listen to their music, and any songs that I haven't liked, I obviously don't want to listen to. Why has this change been made, and is there any way to revert this other than to create a playlist of every single artist and remove each song that I don't want to listen to. 

The screenshot shows the artist page I was referring to, and the way that it shows and plays songs I haven't liked. (I had downloaded the albums and not the artist which is why the songs haven't been downloaded)

Screenshot_20190619-133733.jpg
1 Reply

This happens because of the problem described here - Liking/unliking doesn't work the same way as saving anymore, and basically does nothing now. You can't actually remove songs from your library if you save an album/artist, since "Unliking" a song only removes it from your "liked songs" playlist, not your library. 

Upvote the idea I linked to and leave a comment! Spotify needs to know how dumb removing this functionality is.

Suggested posts