Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Allow me to change the email address or close my account, please!

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

3 Replies

Hello, There!

Welcome to the Spotify community! 🙂

You can change the email address following the steps that are described in this article.

If you created your Spotify account through Facebook It’s not possible to change the email address but is possible to create a new account without Facebook.

Don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything else we can help with.

Happy listening! 😎

Okay, I will create a new one then, will the old account be deactivated after some time of inactivity?

Hey @DavidVidrman,

If you'd like to create a new account, your old one won't be deactivated automatically but you can close it by following the steps here. However, in order to do so, you will need to have access to the email address registered on that account.

It's also possible to reach out to us by following the steps under I no longer have access to the email address on my account here. This way, a member of our support teams will be able to take a look behind the scenes and help you update the email address registered with your Spotify account. 

Just bear in mind that right now they're experiencing significant delays, due to the current situation. To speed things up you should reply to any emails you receive, even if they are from no-reply.

Hope this helps! Give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts