Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Almost Hacked - Spotify has no history?

Almost Hacked - Spotify has no history?

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

MacBook 2012, iPhone 7

This morning I saw that my sound on the Spotify app went all the way down randomly, several times. Then I was kicked out. I reset my password as I had forgotten it anyway and realized that the mailing address on the account has been changed to something entirely different. I changed it back to mine and kicked out all devices. Also removed permissions from the 1 third party app I had. I think I got lucky that I was listening at the same time this was happening.

I messaged support for a history of address changes on the account and was told Spotify does not keep a history. Are you kidding me? Every company keeps data on their users, there is no way they don't have it. 

I want the history of my account changes. The fact that someone could change my mailing address without me knowing is insanity and I am considering switching to a different service entirely. Spotify is not secure whatsoever, at least until 2F is implemented.

Anyone have any luck obtaining any kind of history? Maybe a blast on social media would help.

1 Reply

@dariapon16 wrote:

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

MacBook 2012, iPhone 7

This morning I saw that my sound on the Spotify app went all the way down randomly, several times. Then I was kicked out. I reset my password as I had forgotten it anyway and realized that the mailing address on the account has been changed to something entirely different. I changed it back to mine and kicked out all devices. Also removed permissions from the 1 third party app I had. I think I got lucky that I was listening at the same time this was happening.

I messaged support for a history of address changes on the account and was told Spotify does not keep a history. Are you kidding me? Every company keeps data on their users, there is no way they don't have it. 

I want the history of my account changes. The fact that someone could change my mailing address without me knowing is insanity and I am considering switching to a different service entirely. Spotify is not secure whatsoever, at least until 2F is implemented.

Anyone have any luck obtaining any kind of history? Maybe a blast on social media would help.

Hi there @dariapon16 - Welcome to the Spotify Community.

I can totally understand your frustration here, you can learn more about the information that Spotify collects from their users and the data that they hold here in their privacy centre. 

If your not happy with the previous advisors response, I'd recommend that you get back in touch with the Support Team through the same channel as you did before and they'll be able to take a look further to see if they can provide this information or the limitations why not if possible.

Spotify works around the clock to ensure the security and safety of their data through their systems and their dedicated Security Team whose job it is to ensure and maintain security 24/7 using visible and non visible measures. Spotify are currently considering the implementation of 2FA and you can learn more and stay tuned for updates alongside vote for this here

Take Care and Stay Safe.

Suggested posts