Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Amazon Echo name incorrect in all Spotify devices set up using Spotify Connect

Amazon Echo name incorrect in all Spotify devices set up using Spotify Connect

Up until this morning, when I wanted to use Spotify connect to play Spotify via my Amazon Echo, I would choose the device in the Spotify Connect menu called "Megmo's Echo." This is what the Echo device is called in the Alexa app under Settings.

This morning, I had to unpair Spotify from my Echo because I couldn't get songs to play from Spotify. When I reconnected Spotify to my Echo, under device name it says "Echo-00X Speaker" now instead of the "Megmo's Echo," which is the device's actual name .

I've searched this forum and see a lot of people have reported not being able to change their device name in Spotify connect, but the fix is generally to change the device name in the Alexa app. Since my device is already named there, this won't work for me. I have tried renaming it to something completely different and saving the new name, but this doesn't work either. (I've done this a few times.)

I'm not sure what would have changed from the last time I had Spotify connected to my Echo to this morning, but obviously something is different now. It doesn't matter where I'm controlling Spotify when playing via the Echo—I've tried my phone, the Mac OS desktop app and the Spotify web browser—they all do not display the device name that is set up.

Is there another workaround or fix for this?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 7, Mac OS Desktop App, Spotify web browser)  

1 Reply

Hi  megmo_,

I've also experienced some problems when using Spotify on an Echo device with the devices' name. Not sure if you have tried this, but you could try;

- Making sure both devices (phone and echo) are on the same wifi network, such as if you have two wifi networks, like a 5G and a 2.4G network.

- Unlinking and relinking your Spotify account to your Amazon Alexa account.

- Try re-setting up your echo device.

Hope one of these may work.

Suggested posts