Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Amazon Echo

Amazon Echo

I recently removed access from amazon echo on spotify.com and now would like it back to listen on my echo but It will not let me. I Have tried many things and it still wont even let spotify be an option to link on my alexa app. This is extremely frustrating. Is there any way to allow access again?

14 Replies

Hey @Ashleyg1988.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Try to reinstall both the Spotify and the Alex app. Then you may try to link your accounts again by using the following instructions:

1. Tap the menu in the top-left.
  2. Tap Settings, then Music.
  3. Select Spotify, then Link account to Alexa.
  4. Enter your Spotify account details.

You can then set Spotify as a default music service, so you don’t need to specify “on Spotify” at the end of your voice commands:

1. Tap the menu in the top-left.
  2. Tap Settings, then Music.
  3. Tap Choose default music services.
  4. Select Spotify and tap DONE.

Hope it will work! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

This didnt work I can no longer get spotify on my alexa app to work after removing access.

please help

This also did not work for me

@carter206 wrote:

This didnt work I can no longer get spotify on my alexa app to work after removing access.

please help

I am having the same issus and there doesnt seem to be a solution!

Hey there @carter206,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Just to confirm, do you see any error messages when trying to link Spotify from the Echo companion app? It'd be very helpful if you could include some screenshots of where in the process you're having troubles with so we can take a closer look. Just make sure that no private or sensitive info is displayed.

You can also check out the solutions provided in this similar Community thread.

On another note, you mention removing access. Just to clarify, did you do so by selecting Unlink account from Alexa in the Alexa app, or just removed it from here

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

• Hi! I am having the same issue. I removed access to Alexa from my spotify profile page. Now spotify is not even an option when I try to set it back up in the alexa app. Please help

This is not working for me either, having the same issue.

Wanted to refresh teh connection (my echo wasn't showing up as an option) so I went to the apps section under my account settings on the site:

• Removed the connection
  • Now it says that it prevents that service from connecting in the future
  • Now I can't connect Alexa to Spotify.
    • It's grayed out where it used to be
    • Can't add it if i try to connect it again (all other options work)

Hopefully we can get a solution to this asap.

Attached some screenshots: 

IMG_1462.jpegIMG_1463.jpeg

Thanks,

Luis

PS. No error messages whatsoever

Can we get an update on this? I've gotta say Spotify customer service isn't the best.

Can you check the message I added below? 

Hi no I never got any answer to this. I have been suggested to to clear the cache on spotify but I've been too nervous to do so. 

@camachoftm wrote:

Can we get an update on this? I've gotta say Spotify customer service isn't the best.

It's terrible, no one seems to know the answer to this

I logged into the Alexa on a pc and was able to disconnect my Spotify account then connect it again and it worked. It didn’t work through the app

YESSSS THIS WORKED!!!

YES!!!! **bleep** GENIUS! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Suggested posts