Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Other] Unable to use App when out of Cell Service

[Android][Other] Unable to use App when out of Cell Service

Hello,

I have a Spotify Premium family account.  I recently went on a 1 week camping trip, and downloaded some podcasts/music the night before I left.  To my surprise, when I went to open the Spotify App on my phone to play the downloaded content, it brought me to a login page.  I have never seen this before, but since I was out somewhere without reception, I was unable to log in to the app, and therefore unable to listen to any of my downloaded content.  I am aware that you need to connect to wifi or mobile data once every 30 days, but this was only a few days that I had been out of either wifi or cell service.  I'm very disappointed that I was affected by this an therefore unable to even use Spotify while out camping.  Will I get a discount of 25% this month since I was unable to use the app for a week?  Why give the option of downloading content if it cannot be played when out of cell service?

-Mike

1 Reply

Hey there! Thanks for asking.

By any chance is there any cleanup service installed running on your device? There are many such apps including OS's default cache and memory cleaner apps which sometimes tend to clear the downloaded content. Try adding the Spotify app to whitelist and disabling optimization for Spotify. If it does not work then try disabling it comepletely as it might be cleaning the offline folder in Files>Android>Data>com.spotify.music

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts