Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Annoying 3 unit restriction.

Solved!

Annoying 3 unit restriction.

Hello!

As a long term Spotify user I really have to complain about one thing. I mean I have been using Spotify for a few years now, and there's onlye one complaint - A rather big one at that. 

I (as many, many other people) have several devices. I, for instance have an iPhone, and iPad, a Macbook Pro, a Gaming rig, a Smart TV and a PC at work. 

This is 6 devices - Guess what the limit for offline playlists are? Thats right. Not 6. More like, half the amount of 6 🙂

So, here are my issues. I like to sync a lot of songs to my devices, and I do travel a lot. Especially through work. So my telephone and my work PC really have to have offline synchronization. At all times. Thats two units. 

When I travel in private, I bring my iPad. Lets say I am on the train, right? I want to listen to music. Of course, I can use my phone for that, but I would really prefer to use the iPad, since I'm primarily using that unit while travelling.

At home, if the network fails - I dont want to listen to music from the iPhone or iPad, because the sound quality is rubbish. I have a high-end stereo system connected to both my Gaming rig and my Macbook Pro.. So both of these should also be able to have offline synchronization. 

Are there ANY ways - At all - To work around the 3 unit limit? I hate it - I hate it with burning desire. I want music on my iPhone, i want it on my iPad, and by god, I want it on my computers!

Im glad thats off my chest - Now throw be some solutions! 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @hagvägen, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Don't worry! You just need to log into your account, go to Offline devices and remove the dead phone.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hello and welcome to the Spotify Community!

"Ultimately, the reason we have 3 devices (3,333 tracks on each device) is down to licensing agreements. My guess is that rigidities in agreements such as these are unlikely to change anytime soon. Even in situations where mostly all parties agree something is both popular and practical (i.e. family subscriptions), things can take a long time to change if licensing discussions are involved. Although the idea is great since oftentimes folks have a work computer, a home computer, a phone, and nowadays, a tablet. Four devices. Please post feedback here."

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Increase-the-Max-of-Allowed-Cached-Devices-to-5-or-Mo...

I have dropped my iPhone in the water and can't remove Spotify from that one since it is totally dead! What do I do? Is otherwise logging out enough or must I uninstall the program? 

Marked as solution

Hello @hagvägen, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Don't worry! You just need to log into your account, go to Offline devices and remove the dead phone.

Thank you, I'v fixed it!

Suggested posts