Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Annual Subscription, is it possible?

Annual Subscription, is it possible?

Hello all,

I was wondering if there was a way to buy a annual premium membership subscription? I would rather pay for the entire year in one chunk than have 1 monthly payment. If there is a deal for doing that even better! But if not thats fine too. Does anyone know where I can do this?

Thanks in Advance.

88 Replies

Thats very strange

Well I can see you're logged in

You live in the US

The only differences I see between us is that you are paying with Paypal but I dont think that should effect the ability to see the 12 month option. Very strange.

You're right, maybe thats it. Maybe they do not allow 12 month sub for unlimited plan only premium. =( hopefully an official spotify employee sees your post

Strange, that with so many people saying they don't see that option, that Spotify wouldn't have shared that important tidbit with us. Surely that isn't it...

You would think they want to lock you in for a year and take your money, I mean you're willingly wanting to give it to them! Weird right? 😃

LOL. Exactly kevinkwok!

Hey all!

I send this question to Spotify's Customer service for you. There should be answer soon.

Thank you.

If you look at the past sreenshots on the first page of the thread the other members also were on premium

Yep, and I didn't see where anyone who CAN'T see the annual option mentions whether they are on Premium or Unlimited. I bet they're all Unlimited, like me!!

Hi guys,

Kevinwok, you're right. At the moment, this 12 month option isn't available for Unlimited subscribers, only Premium.

This may or may not change in the future, I'm not sure. Personally, I think it makes sense. I'll keep you guys updated.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I was afraid of that. So, my only options to get rid of the annoying monthly fee are to (1) upgrade to a more expensive plan with no added benefits that I'll actually use except that I can pay annually or (2) cancel my service? That sucks. 😞

Wait there is an EXTRA fee when you pay monthly? or do you mean there could be a price break/deal when you subscribe annualy? hmmm 

well maybe theyll address this soon theyve been on top of things lately they even pushed a new update to android this morning.

No, no, I just mean that I would have to pay more to pay annually, because I would have to upgrade from Unlimited to Premium to even have the OPTION to pay annually. 

oh i see. well this might be a pain but a work around for you where you can keep your unlimited plan is to have your bank account setup a auto billpay ot spotify.

You may be able to purchase Gift cards in your country?

For example in Finland from R-Kioski.

http://www.spotify.com/redeem/

It's paid automatically. I'm just in the process of streamlining my life and that includes my accounting procedures. I want as few payments going out as possible, so I'm paying everything possible by the year (or two years or three years).

Nycgadgetgirl - Can totally understand that. I'm trying to do the same.

Thank you for the feedback here. Fingers crossed, something can be sorted.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

All nycgadget girl wants to really say is

shut-up-and-take-my-money1.jpeg

Haha. Kudos.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

I'm the same in that I have got an Unlimited subscription but want to pay annually, but Spotify don't want my money!

Is it possible to maybe purchase a gift card (to the amount of the annual subscription) and simply use that or similar?

There was another reply after my last one that has disappeared?

This is still a relavent topic that I'm keen to keep in the public eye as there is still no solution as far as I know?

Suggested posts