Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Annual Subscription, is it possible?

Annual Subscription, is it possible?

Hello all,

I was wondering if there was a way to buy a annual premium membership subscription? I would rather pay for the entire year in one chunk than have 1 monthly payment. If there is a deal for doing that even better! But if not thats fine too. Does anyone know where I can do this?

Thanks in Advance.

88 Replies

@user-removed wrote:

Please direct me to the option for annual one time payment. I cannot locate it anywhere from my account page.

Thank you.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

It should appear as a "Change Payment Interval" box on the right hand side of your subscription page.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I don't see the option for the annual plan either. I am in the US on the unlimited plan. Any ideas?

@carosati3 wrote:

I don't see the option for the annual plan either. I am in the US on the unlimited plan. Any ideas?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

The yearly payment option is only available for Premium subscribers, there is no yearly payment plan for unlimited. 

Peter

Peter

Actually it looks like you have to make sure your payment information is up to date after I updated my credit card info it worked and showed perfectly 🙂 hope this helps

Well, it has to be a bug, since this issue has different solutions... Hope Spotify solve this as soon as possible.

Hi greken1 - I can see you were able to successfully upgrade to a yearly subscription last week. When you check your subscription page you should see your next payment won't go out until March 2014. 

Yes i solved it as my last post and it was bug i believe :

After that you have subscripted to monthly payment, and u still dont see the yearly, then cancel the subscripion by then renew it, now you could see the yearly subscription,

That means, if you have monthly subscription you have to cancel it, then renew that should not duplicate the payments but it should display the yearly option. by then select the yearly plan.

Sorry for my bad bad english but hope you understand me 🙂

Yes but you save a whopping 12 cents...its not worth the trouble

This is pathetic how long this problem has been going on for, the checkout method should be re-visited. https://www.spotify.com/au/get-spotify/go/premium/ Visiting here only shows a monthly method. And whilst you're on a free or unlimited account you can't switch to a yearly subscription.

So the only options are cancel and the renew to yearly, pay monthly, pay for the first month and then change to yearly (which is a pain considering you may need to remebmer to transfer $$ over at that time).

Makes me want to forget spotify and hammer my friends to as well, just to make a point.

-edit- removed

There is no way to have a yearly recurring subscription without first paying for one month however you can subscribe for 1/3/6/12 months directly (but it won't be recurring) by purchasing a gift card or eCard (where available) and redeeming that against your account. 

Peter

Hi, I have yearly Premium subscription now, I want to renew it for the next year, yearly subscription is gone from my options.

I have money to pay for it but I have no time to look after these trivial matters and want to sort it once for the whole year.

Could something be done to bring yearly subscription to my options?

All the "solutions" with different browsers etc did not work for me and the necessity of doing monthly payments first, canceling, doing yearly again show lack of respect from Spotify to their own paying customers and their time.

Regards, Piotr

EDIT: I bought "Spotify Premium e-card" and applied to my account, so problem solved, still this is a complicated solution for simple matter.

Yes, please bring this back. My bank won't allow me to process the eCard online. Let me throw money at you!

Hi, I was ondering if this is available in the Philippines. The option for annual fee is not showing up:

Capture.PNG

I've sinced moved on to Google Play Music. Grandfathered in at $7.99 a month. Upload 20,000 of my own Mp3s accessed anywhere. The awesome radio curation of songza (they bought them) and I never see songs mysteriously unavailable 

The downside is there is no desktop app and I can share with friends because most of them are on spotify but I never really did that anyways.

Me están cobrado un servicio que en mi celular no puedo usar ya que esta bloqueado, estoy iniciando una demanda de estafa contra Spotify y visa argentina tengo un auto stop y sigen haciéndolo. Si no quieren que soga con el proceso comuníquese conmigo lo antes posible ya que el servicio no lo uso más y jamas pude usarlo con ustedes y a por echaron la oportunidad. Lankinenc@aumento. Com en 48 hs iniciar e demanda de estafa contra ustedes por el servicio ya que tengo prueba se su servicio. Gracias y espero que se comuniquen conmigo lo antes posible.

What qualifies a student? Is it just college? Or can it be a teen? Thanks Studentsmom

What qualifies a student? Is it just college? Or can it be a teen? Thanks

This is a total goat rope. You offered me an annual subscription for $99 on my iPhone, but no way to impliment it. Now I'm trying to access it on my desktop and nada, zilch, zip. So I go to this web site and you say to cancel Premium and I'll be offered the annual deal. Yeah.... for $120 bucks. You guys need to fix this and quit jerking everyone around.

You should be able to buy the yearly plan here: https://www.spotify.com/us/yearly/ 

No need to cancel Premium. Eligible for all users except partner Premium accounts and Family accounts. 

Suggested posts