Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Another Duplicate Account Issue

Solved!

Another Duplicate Account Issue

Good Morning.

Looks like I need to have a secondary (Facebook) account detached and deleted from my primary Spotify account (thomaslstrickland).

I've attempted to do the recommended three-step solution, but it looks like I'd need to wait until 02/25 to make that happen.  If I could have that secondary account nixed sooner, I'd be grateful. 

Might one of you friendly mods make this happen?

thomaslstrickland

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Thomasls, 

Yes it does seem you've made a duplicate account but you don't need to wait until 2/25. 

I've deleted that duplicate account for you---now just log out and log back in with your 'thomaslstrickland' username. 

You can connect your Facebook to this account by going through Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

View solution in original post

31 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi Thomasls, 

Yes it does seem you've made a duplicate account but you don't need to wait until 2/25. 

I've deleted that duplicate account for you---now just log out and log back in with your 'thomaslstrickland' username. 

You can connect your Facebook to this account by going through Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

SUCCESS!
Thank you.
thomaslstrickland

Hi Meredith, i was hoping that you could delete my duplicate account as well? My account was connected to facebook from the beginning, my email is kristoferpalsson@hotmail.com - please respond, i have been looking endlessly in frustration for a solution.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Also having troubles with a duplicated account. My e-mail is kasperejlskov@msn.com

Hi,

I don't know is this is "duplicate account" issue, however I just went to post a link for one of my playlists onto facebook and it said that I needed to connect first. So I pressed allow and I was logged out of spotify and then back in automatically. When spotify reopened, all of my playlists had been deleted and my inbox was empty. It also says that I am a spotify free user, even though I pay for an unlimited account?! I'm confused!! thanks 

Looks like the same thing happened to me. Suddenly I had two accounts, where the second account is connected to Facebook, I would very much like the second account to be deleted so I can connect my original account to Facebook again. 

Hi everyone, 

Again the first thing I recommend you all try is signing out and signing back in with your original username (not your password). 

You can have a look at this similar thread for more info. 

If you're still having trouble please fill out our contact form to get in touch with the support team. 

I'm having exactly the same issue. I need to keep my "btocher" Spotify premium account login (it has many playlists!), and delete the secondary Facebook-based account. Can someone help, please? If you need to email me, it's my Spotify username @gmail.com. Thanks.

Btocher - If you've made a secondary account with your Facebook, you can connect your Facebook to your original 'btocher' account without us having to delete it. 

Just sign into your 'btocher' account and go to your Preferences page via Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac). From there select 'Connect to Facebook' under 'Social Network'.

Sign in with your Facebook email and password--this will connect the two accounts and disable the secondary one. 

Hi!

I have also this issue with this "second" account. And i cant delete it! Though i can play music as normal with my original spotify account, But cant connect my facebook account to it.

I got two accounts, only need THIS one (moosoul), Can any moderator delete my facebook account?

Hi Moosoul,

Are you receiving any error messages when trying to connect your 'moosoul' account to Facebook?

Are you connecting it through your Preferences page? 

I go to preferences page, Connect to facebook, types in pass and email for facebook and gets this error message:

"Sorry moosoul, it's not possible to connect to this facebook account. To find out how to resolve this, please click here (link)"

And i follow the link, following the instructions. But there is no option to remove my second account! (facebook account). 

Moosoul, I've just deleted the secondary Facebook accounts--please it give it another try now. 

Hi everyone, 

Just a quick update for this thread--you should all be able to access your original accounts by logging out of the Spotify app and logging back in with your Spotify username (not your email). 

If however you're having trouble connecting this original account to your Facebook, it's mostly likely because a 48 hour trial has been started on the secondary account. 

This trial starts automatically when you log into the secondary account from a mobile phone. For more information on this please see this similar thread

Thank you very much, Meredith. Everything works perfect now!

Love and thanks

Moosoul

Hello, would someone be able to help me as well. I also have managed to set up two accounts accidentally. I need to delete my Facebook connected account (eric.paul@me.com). I want to keep my egpaul profile. Ive tried to follow the steps but I have to wait until 2/29 which I would prefer not to do. 

@Merdith Very odd. I'd tried to do this several times over the past couple of day, and there was a red banner appearing at the top of the screen telling me that I couldn't connect, as I had two accounts. I've just tried it again today, and it worked!

Hi Botcher, 

Yes, this was because a 48 hour Premium trial was started on your duplicate account. Once the trial ran out you were able to connect your original account with your Facebook. 

This trial starts automatically when you log into the secondary account from a mobile phone. For more information on this please see this similar thread

I too have a duplicate account and have tried to reach the team through a contact form and haven't received anything back... I'm currently logged in here with my facebook account and would like that one deleted. Please help. I think my 48 hr account is done, but I still use my oriinal login and password for my desktop and iPhone. Thanks

-G

Suggested posts