Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Another Duplicate Account Issue

Solved!

Another Duplicate Account Issue

Good Morning.

Looks like I need to have a secondary (Facebook) account detached and deleted from my primary Spotify account (thomaslstrickland).

I've attempted to do the recommended three-step solution, but it looks like I'd need to wait until 02/25 to make that happen.  If I could have that secondary account nixed sooner, I'd be grateful. 

Might one of you friendly mods make this happen?

thomaslstrickland
31 Replies

GusAlaniz - Can you try logging in with the username 'gusalaniz' and your Spotify password. You should then access the correct account. You'll be able to relink your Facebook and Spotify from in here.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thank you for your help.. However, I'm unable to sync my playlists to my iPhone. The "Device" tab on the desktop only shows a handful of playlists instead of the many I have created (which are still on the playlist sidebar). I deleted the iPhone app and re-installed it. Bad move. Now only 19 of the many playlists will show up on my device.

Thanks for your help.

-G

Hi Meredith, i was hoping that you could delete my duplicate account as well? My account was connected to facebook from the beginning, my email is -snip - please respond, i have been looking endlessly in frustration for a solution.

Thanks in advance 🙂

@Adiogo wrote:

Hi Meredith, i was hoping that you could delete my duplicate account as well? My account was connected to facebook from the beginning, my email is -snip - please respond, i have been looking endlessly in frustration for a solution.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Hey Adiogo, welcome to the Community. What makes you think you have a Premium account here? I'm only seeing the one account for your email address (which I've removed from your post).

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hi

I have the same issue.

I have already deleted. the spotify app in Facebook so the three step solution dont work.

can you guys help me?

Hi Meredith,

I deleted the Spotify app from my Facebook account, however, when I attempt to access my playlists through iTunes, I am still told that I do not have a premium account.

Can you help with this?

Bonn - You should still be able to link those two accounts within the Spotify app. Just head to your Preferences Page and select 'Connect to Facebook'. 

Once the two are linked you can remove it again if you'd like.

Eku839 - Do you mind giving me a bit more details here? Your subscription isn't linked to iTunes in any way. 

Currently your 'eku839' Spotify account is linked to your Facebook and you've got an active Unlimited subscription. 

Are you trying to use the Spotify app on a mobile device? If so you'll need to upgrade to our Premium service from your  subscription page

I have a duplicate account and it appears I cannot delete yet.  Can someone please take care of this for me?  It won't let me connect correctly to send songs to my friends.  It is under a different email address than this one.  How do I remove?  Richard, can you message me privately so I don't post my email address on this open forum?

Thanks!

@unbornpyepye wrote:

I have a duplicate account and it appears I cannot delete yet.  Can someone please take care of this for me?  It won't let me connect correctly to send songs to my friends.  It is under a different email address than this one.  How do I remove?  Richard, can you message me privately so I don't post my email address on this open forum?

Thanks!

Just get in touch here and someone will be able to do that in private for you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

my accout # 1258747566 has become a loner. i changed my fb email and spotify won't let me login. then spotify ended up creating a new account for me linked to my fb. My old spotify account (email <snip>@yahoo.com, with #1258747566) is lost and it won't let me login. PLease will you merge my accounts, or send me a password to reset to my old account (#1258747566) . I posted several messages before, but haven't received help. i am a regular premium subscriber in the past, but my access to my playlists is lost and i am waiting to subscribe. my motivation to running is lost because I do not have my old precious playlists 😞 

[Snip-Email(Privacy)-Peter]

Hey @jacksp18 ! Welcome to the community 🙂

If you could get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to lend a hand to get you back to your original account. Just to protect your inbox from spam, I am going to hide that email address from your post. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have a duplicated account created when i changed the FB password. Can someone delete the empty new one?? Right now is impossible to me to log in to my ols account where i have all my playlist...

user n*1166753960

Thanks in advance

Suggested posts