Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Another person is using my account

Another person is using my account

Hello,

I was listening to some music today and it suddenly stopped. I had a look at Spotify and it said, that someone else is listening with another device (a phone that I don't have).

I usually log in with Facebook so I changed my Facebook password and kicked every device out of my Fb and Spotify account. 

I didn't set a password for Spotify itself so I can't change that one. But it kept happening over the day, several times with a different devices using my account, following playlists and that stuff. 

As I don't have access to the e-mail adress anymore (not because it's been hacked or something), I tried to change it. It says on the Spotify website, that I have to change it in Facebook. That's what I did, but it didn't recognize the new e-mail adress like it seems, at least the Facebook e-mail was changed, but the Spotify one wasn't.

So.. what else can I do? To avoid people logging into my account?  The music keeps getting interrupted, other people playing music or I even get kicked out of the account and have to login again - even though nothing (e-mail or password) was changed by them.

Any adivce?

Thanks

2 Replies

Just contact spotify's team they'll be able to help you!

https://support.spotify.com/us/article/how-can-i-contact-spotify/?in_footer

I'll give that a try, thank you.

The weird thing is: Everytime I kick them out and they come back, it's a new device. I think all of them were phones, but like Samsung Galaxy S8, J2 etc. but not the same one.

The last guy deleted many of my playlists a few minutes ago - I know I can restore them, but that's super annoying. 

Suggested posts