Sorry for the thousand posts with the same problem but let me explain what I've done and what I'm experiencing:
Playing some music - "Can't play current song", restarting Spotify - same trick after some minutes of listening.
What I've done:
1. Restarting Spotify
2. Disabling/Enabling hardware acceleration
3. Disabling/Enabling crossfading songs
4. Downloading 1.7.0* (the older version) - this does the trick (for now) but I don't like the UI. Also still testing so it can't be 100% sure
5. Reinstalling Spotify from scratch
6. Checking/Unchecking High Quality Streaming
Recently I've added new sound card (it works perfectly with all my other apps/programs!) - Creative Audigy SE (SB5070 if I'm remembering correctly).
From time to time I experience some drop outs with no reason.
Windows 10, 16GB Ram, i5 Processor, All drivers up to date, no malware or viruses.
Looking for help.