Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Any news on when will Spotify be officially available in Romania ?

Solved!

Any news on when will Spotify be officially available in Romania ?

Hi guys,

Let me begin by saying i am a Romanian who lived a while outside of the country and enjoyed the services of Spotify very much. I moved back to Romania for good only to see that Spotify is not available here. I'd like to be able to open up an account without the use of a proxy or VPN or other shenanigans. I'd also LOVE to pay for premium since I was paying for a PREMIUM account back when I lived outside of Romania.

So, any news when Spotify will come to Romania ? I've seen it was released earlier this year in Bulgaria and Hungary. Come on ! Why avoid Romania ? There are a lot of people here who would enjoy Spotify immensely.

31 Replies

I think Cat music is working on that.

In addition to Google Play Music, we have Apple Music. It's catalog is very similar to Spotify. And the service is cheaper. Good bye Spotify, I hardly knew ye.

Yes, of course! I have long subscribed to Deezer. Excellent service + 4G traffic is free because I purchased it through my mobile operator. Good bye to discrimination!

It will launch on 19 october in Romania.

https://open.spotify.com/user/edkode

It is October 19th and Spotify is not available yet. November 28th is the new date that is going around.

Where is it saying?

No verifiable information, but saw it in some local articles and local blogs. Still no official info from Spotify, as far as I could find. The option to select Romania when buying the premium is available, tho. 

No, it's not 😞

Apparently these rumors about some specific release dates are becoming kind of a trend. Indeed the domain '/ro-ro' is triggered when the user hits www.spotify.com, but until now there is not even a single commercial or hard evidence, that Spotify will release the service in Romania soon. Still hoping though. I am waiting for this, for a long time.

Spotify has been launched in Romania today.

Finally!!! Thank you Spotify!!!

Marked as solution

Hey everyone!

Spotify launched in Romania a few years ago, and now the Spotify mobile app and web player have language support for Romanian.

You can read more info in this news article here:

Spotify Is Rolling Out 36 New Languages on Mobile

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts