Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Any news on when will Spotify be officially available in Romania ?

Solved!

Any news on when will Spotify be officially available in Romania ?

Hi guys,

Let me begin by saying i am a Romanian who lived a while outside of the country and enjoyed the services of Spotify very much. I moved back to Romania for good only to see that Spotify is not available here. I'd like to be able to open up an account without the use of a proxy or VPN or other shenanigans. I'd also LOVE to pay for premium since I was paying for a PREMIUM account back when I lived outside of Romania.

So, any news when Spotify will come to Romania ? I've seen it was released earlier this year in Bulgaria and Hungary. Come on ! Why avoid Romania ? There are a lot of people here who would enjoy Spotify immensely.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Welcome to the Spotify community!

Spotify doesn't give any estimates on when it will be available in a certain country.

When Spotify launches in a new country, an official announcement is made.

You will just have to keep checking back to see if it's available in your country.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey everyone!

Spotify launched in Romania a few years ago, and now the Spotify mobile app and web player have language support for Romanian.

You can read more info in this news article here:

Spotify Is Rolling Out 36 New Languages on Mobile

MattSudaSpotify Star

View solution in original post

31 Replies

No one ? 😞

Marked as solution

Welcome to the Spotify community!

Spotify doesn't give any estimates on when it will be available in a certain country.

When Spotify launches in a new country, an official announcement is made.

You will just have to keep checking back to see if it's available in your country.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hey Matt,

Thanks Matt for the reply. I understand that spotify does not give out estimates but do you at least know a possible time frame in which Spotify will plan to expand and hopefully include Romania as well ?

Sorry, but I have no idea when Spotify will launch in Romania. Usually when Spotify is about to launch in a country, you will be able to find some new articles about it by searching google. But unfortunately, I haven't see any information about Spotify in Romania.

MattSudaSpotify Star

There's been a lot of rumour going around a possible launch this summer so that's why I am asking. Also, with Bulgaria and Hungary already getting the Spotify treatment, I hope i'm not mistaken when I think Romania will get Spotify soon enough. I can hardly wait for it to be officially launched here as well 🙂 I know I can pay for a premium account from another country but I want to support Spotify Romania 🙂

It's always worth keeping an eye on Spotify Careers, generally some recruitment in the country goes on pre-launch which is a good indicator!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

hey Peter,

I've been doing that as well. No luck though 😞

I can only hope that when Telekom will launch a forthnight from now, they will launch with Spotify since Telekom has partnership with Spotify in all countries they're active in.

well, Telekom is live in Romania since 2 weeks but no word of Spotify. It's a shame we are left out behind.

Is Deezer or Rdio available in Romania? If they are it at least indicates that it is possible to find someone to negotiate the copyright issues in your country.

OK, looks like Deezer is available through Orange, another telecom provider, so it might happen that Telekom will bundle Spotify in their Romanian offer as well:

http://www.orange.ro/deezer/

Hi,

Yea, Orange is providing the Romanian market with Deezer and Vodafone is offering the same kind of service through Zonga. That's why I was thinking that Telekom would bundle with Spotify, since they do this in every other EU country they're active in. But as someone before me said, they're "live" for almost 3 weeks now and no news on Spotify. 

Hopefully, the guys over at Spotify have something in store for us Romanians. As far as I know, there are rumours going around about contracts being signed and stuff and also I know that generally, launch dates are kept secret but one could only hope. 

Edit: Does someone know anything about this ? https://www.facebook.com/spotify.romania 

They provide the link spotify.ro and if you go to it, it redirects to spotify.com. Is it legit ??

So yeah, Telekom (T-Mobile) lauched some time ago but no news on Spotify. Anybody has any insight on this ? I really want Spotify in Romania and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

The usual give away that the service is due to launch in a new country is they normally advertise a few jobs (since they have to have an office to license content). Haven't seen any based in Romania sadly.

https://www.spotify.com/jobs/opportunities/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

If you want to help with launching in Romania too, please support my idea by kudo-ing it below:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Launch-Spotify-in-Romania/idc-p/1149724#M38465

Photoshop Guru, UI Designer

Hey spotify fellows love you for rock music u have in your app. Pls add romania in your expansion list. Lots of romanians rockers waiting for you. Thanks

Horror. I am sick of being treated like a second hand citizen. Shame on you.

So Spotify will come in Romania ? We have one of the best internet connection

Not at this moment. Though if my request gains enough traction, they might do it. It's a popularity contest here, unfortunately. That means that the more people like a idea, the bigger the chances it has to get through and be considered. If its unpopular, it will fester here in the forums.

Photoshop Guru, UI Designer

They really need to hurry up and bring Spotify ro Romania.

Suggested posts