Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Anyone know an app called Wolfandkinau that has access to my account.

Solved!

Anyone know an app called Wolfandkinau that has access to my account.

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

An app called Wolfandkinau has been given access to my account.  I do not remember giving it access.  I started looking at things because someone has been playing songs from a firefox browser that is not me.  I changed password and disconnected facebook and changed facebook password. Songs i did not play showed up on recently played since I signed everyone out and changed those things.  Could this permission be the issue.  It says learnpython under it.  Any info would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If anyone does read this and is having problems with somone else accessing your account I suggest you look at what apps have access to your account.  I changed all my passwords and someone kept playing music on my account.  I have never heard of Sway Boi or Hans McLachlan.  I really would really not care even if my daily mix was playing stuff not even close to Steely Dan or Courtney Barnett.   But they started changing music while I was listening.  So anyway I deleted access to Wolfandkinau changed passwords and nothing since.  I guess they could see my spotify account info and maybe more, I do not know.   I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey @spikespead, thanks for reaching out to the Community about this!

Please check out this support article for more info and the next steps to take.

Have a great day 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

If anyone does read this and is having problems with somone else accessing your account I suggest you look at what apps have access to your account.  I changed all my passwords and someone kept playing music on my account.  I have never heard of Sway Boi or Hans McLachlan.  I really would really not care even if my daily mix was playing stuff not even close to Steely Dan or Courtney Barnett.   But they started changing music while I was listening.  So anyway I deleted access to Wolfandkinau changed passwords and nothing since.  I guess they could see my spotify account info and maybe more, I do not know.   I hope this helps.

I have exactly the same problem. I contact Spotify support, they block my account and reset permissions. Today, I recover the account and I have the same problem. Music switch to other one I never listened in my life. I don't understand what's happening.

This has been happening to me for the last 2-3 months with multiple password changes to my facebook and email account, along with signing out of all devices from the account settings with the same issue persisting. I just want to peacefully listen to whatever music of my choosing and all of the sudden, literally the randomest songs on this planet start playing (Yes, Sway Boi has also come up in my recently played, along with multiple playlists by "aa" and a multitude of other trash music). I finally contacted Spotify support today and with assistance from the agent told me that my account has been secured. All I had to do was change my passwords, yet again, before signing back into my account. Finally signed into my account again to play music for a while and 10-15 minutes into playing music, it plays random music again. So now I go into my 3rd party app access and I find access to "wolfandkinau" which I don't recognize. Copy and paste into google and this thread is the first thing that pops in my search results. Can I just say that I'm SO relieved that I'm not the only one with this issue and these posts have been within the last few weeks. Currently removing wolfandkinau from my approved applications and hoping this will be the end of my hacked spotify woes. 

Everything that you said has been happening to me. Support team 'securing' my account twice, playlists by a.a. and Sway Boi being played while I am listening to my own music, listening history is different. Checked my third party authorisations and low and behold, Wolfandkinau is there. I have revoked the authorisation. Hopefully that will be the end of it. It is unnerving to think that they/he/she managed to hack into it. I hope that Spotify will investigate this as I have reported it. 

*sad face*

I've had my spotify account locked for a long time because someone else (or several other people) were using it. I too had the Wolfandkinau app with permissions. No idea where it came from.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out and voicing your concerns.

We understand where you're coming from and take the security of our customers accounts very seriously.

To that end next to the steps in the Support page that @Billy-J posted, you should check the third party apps that have access to your account and remove any you don't recognize. You can learn how to do this here

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts