Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App says no Facebook friends have spotify which is wrong

Solved!

App says no Facebook friends have spotify which is wrong

Spotify says none of my Facebook friends have spotify which I know is wrong, as I'm talking to several of them who have it.

I have the feeling it comes from the Facebook Spotify app that didn't request access to my friends list : I see this when going in Facebook app options and comparing to other apps. I cannot enable it from facebook, the Spotify app needs to request it... Maybe it's linked to Facebook GDPR privacy updates.

Removing the Spotify app from FB threatens to delete my Spotify account (created through Facebook) so I didn't dare trying.

Any help please?

I'm on Windows 10, I have premium, and I restarted using Spotify a few weeks ago using an account opened years ago.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for all the info!

Let's try reinstalling Spotify on your devices before trying again to see if it helps.

In case it remains the same, let me know your devices' make and model, OS, and Spotify version numbers.

I'll take a closer look.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hey @mouise.

Thanks for reaching out to the community!

Let's try heading to your Facebook settings > Apps > Spotify, and remove it. Once it's removed, go back to the Spotify app and click the "Log in with Facebook" button.

This should give you the pop-up to allow Spotify to have access on Facebook, and will log you back in to the same account.

Let me know how it goes.

Have you tried signing out and then logging back in if it doesn’t show them after that it could be if they haven’t connect their account via Facebook 

Thanks for you reply!

But sadly, I tried what you proposed, and I'm back at the same stage... no Facebook friends at all according to the app.

Thanks for giving it a shot!

Just to confirm, are your friends list public or private on Facebook? Try changing the privacy settings to see if it helps.

You can also try using your account in a different device to see if it behaves the same.

Keep me posted.

Hello,

My friends list privacy was defined on "friends and their friends". I tried putting it on public, logging out and back to the app but no change.

I checked on my Android phone spotify app : the message (in French) it provides when I try to look for friends is different : "Sorry, an error occured. Your Facebook friends are not on Spotify yet. Invite them!"

Best,

Rémy

Yes I have. I have a lot of friends that are connected to Facebook and Spotify and who can see each others, but cannot see me and I cannot see them.

I understand.

Around how long ago did you create this Spotify account? Also, was it working before at some point, or has it never showed your Facebook friends?

All the best.

All I can say is that it was before August 2015 ; I lost my emails before that. And I can't remember whether it was working at this time, sorry for that...

Marked as solution

Thanks for all the info!

Let's try reinstalling Spotify on your devices before trying again to see if it helps.

In case it remains the same, let me know your devices' make and model, OS, and Spotify version numbers.

I'll take a closer look.

I reinstalled everything on both devices and it's now working 😄

I don't really get why as I tried a couple weeks ago... but well, thanks!!

Awesome!

I'm glad to hear everything is up and running after the reinstall.

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to open a new thread.

Have a great weekend 🙂

Suggested posts