Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Apparently i have a SPOTIFY FREE but i am getting charged and can't cancel my account

Apparently i have a SPOTIFY FREE but i am getting charged and can't cancel my account

This is so ridiculous.

I forgot that i even had spotify until I saw my bank statement where every month 5euro was being withdrawn for spotify. I decided to delete the account but on further inspection there is no way i can as i am on Spotify Free (?????), the only option was to upgrade. Um, what? Also, the spotify website is a complete shambles, with no email addresses of Customer Support network apparent at all, just this forum.

So, what can I do?

I want to delete the account that takes money from me every month even though on my account information, apparently I am on a Free account with no bank details listed at all. Get it together Spotify!

2 Replies

Hey @whateverforever and welcome to the community!

I suggest reaching out to the official support team by using this contact form (yes, there is a customer support ;D) : https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/.

If you receive an automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

It's also worth having a quick think about login details. It is amazingly easy to have two accounts and not know, one with a Spotify username to login (which you choose when you register) and another using your Facebook (which you log in using your email address).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts