Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Apparently my account both exists and doesn't exist at the same time.

Apparently my account both exists and doesn't exist at the same time.

Signed up. Tried to log in. Said name or password was incorrect. So I clicked reset password. Asked for my account. Entered it. Said that account does not exist. So I figure I'll do it all over again. "That email address is already in use" Okay then lets try resetting the password again. Enter my email address and..... "That email address is not associated with an account". I even used copy/paste to make sure it was being entered exactly the same each and every time. So apparently the email address is already applied to an account when trying to set one up, but at the same time is NOT associated with an account when trying to reset the password. I give up on this and assume the service must be **bleep** also. 

2 Replies

Hi @Xandros2000!

Welcome to the Spotify Community, we're glad to see you're part of the band.

We'd suggest logging in using your username (not your email address) and password. If you use Facebook to log in into Spotify, just use the "Log in with Facebook" button. 

Let us know how it goes. 

A.J Nelson

I did. Got the same messages. "No account by that name exists" Tried to reset password "No account by that name exists".So tried to set up the account again "That email address is already in use" Okay reset password for it "no such account exists". It wouldn't send an email reset to that email address because the email address is not set up for an account, but also would not set up an account using that email address because it is being used for an account. So it's both already used for an account and not used for an account at the same time. Maybe I was somehow slipping into alternate dimensions between tries. I gave up after wasting several hours on it. Wasn't worth wasting the hours that I did, so I'm not going to waste anymore time on it. Good riddance. 

Suggested posts