Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Appliance account?

Appliance account?

Hi,

So I have a premium account and so does my wife. We each have our accounts connected to our private e-mail, facebook etc, use it on our laptops and phones daily, everyone is happy. 🙂

But.. Yesterday I installed a Sonos system at home, connected all the gear in all the rooms, set it up, yada yada, big hero.. Then the big question arises, which Spotify acc should we enter? If I enter my acc and my wife gets home early from work and starts something on the Sonos, my app stops playing on the subway and vice versa..

Are there any plans for a second service onto a Premium account? Like a appliance account? Perhaps 9,99€ Premium and then another 5,99€ for the Sonos system only available after already paying for a Premium?

Or are there any other good suggestions?

In the meantime I'm still a resonably happy camper. 🙂

6 Replies

There's no way to do this sorry. The only way really is to logout when you're done, and have the person that uses it first login again (which would work well).

There are no plans for any type of multiple person account, due to licensing regulations.

Liam

Ok, then I guess it's up to Sonos to implement some sort of dual account solution on their end.

Edit: to go offline is not a good solution to me, I'm always searching, fiddling around using the app in a very active way.

@maglofster wrote:

Ok, then I guess it's up to Sonos to implement some sort of dual account solution on their end.

How would they do that? The Spotify system only allows one account to be streaming at the same time - anything else and the other account will stop.

Just note, if the device is in offline mode it won't be subject to this limitation.

Liam

I don't think you understood what I meant. If Sonos would implement a solution where one could input dual accounts into the Sonos controller and then choose from when starting playing from the service.

Like:

Sources

Sonos favourites

Music library

Radio

Spotify acc #1 (my acc)

Spotify acc #2 (wifes acc)

Etc..

This, I think, would be much better than editing/changing the account everytime one of us wanted to use the system without stopping the other persons service.

Ah, yes I see 🙂

That would work and make sense 🙂

Liam

Sounds a great idea 🙂

Suggested posts