Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Are you charged tax in NY state/New York?

Solved!

Are you charged tax in NY state/New York?

Hi everyone!

If you're in New York state/NY, does Spotify charge you sales tax? And if so and it's not too much trouble, do you know what percentage? 

For some reason, Spotify is being sketchy and not sharing this information. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @mseppadr,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

The sales tax depends on the state you're located in.

Please make sure to check out this thread for more info. 

Furthermore, you can use this help page as it provides useful steps on how to check your own Spotify Receipts.  

Hope this helps.

Let me know if there's anything i can help you with 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi everyone 🙂

If you're in New York/NY, does Spotify charge you sales tax and if so, what percentage? 

For some reason, Spotify is being sketchy and not sharing this information anywhere. Thank you, your help is much appreciated!
Marked as solution

Hi there @mseppadr,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

The sales tax depends on the state you're located in.

Please make sure to check out this thread for more info. 

Furthermore, you can use this help page as it provides useful steps on how to check your own Spotify Receipts.  

Hope this helps.

Let me know if there's anything i can help you with 🙂

That's quite interesting. I hope they do the same for Canada. It would save me a lot of time. I never had issues with my tax forms in the US, but since I moved to Montreal, the laws here are incredibly confusing. 

Wow. I've already used Spotify for a long time and didn't notice the tax is modifying depending on the state you're in at the moment. Did I get it right? What states charge less, and according to what criteria does it depend? I've found here playlouder.com some investment apps I'm using every day, like Robinhood, and I'm wondering if that mechanism with Spotify may be applied to my situation. I need to know because I'm frequently travelling and sometimes I may get stuck somewhere for a prolonged period of time. I'd be grateful for your advice!

Suggested posts