Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artist Account Madness!

Solved!

Artist Account Madness!

Okay so I used to use Spotify with a Facebook login.

I used Tunecore to get my music on Spotify, then followed their instructions to create a new Spotify account (with an email address, they said don't do anything with Facebook) so I could then apply for control over my artist page with that new account.

I now have control over my artist page with the new account, verified check mark and stuff, but I kinda thought my artist page and my new account would be merged and not two seperate things? I mean I can currently follow my own artist page and edit it at the same time 0-o assumed it'd be kind of like an artist account lol,

maybe I just assumed wrong.

Just seems a bit crazy leaving my old Facebook Spotify account,

and now having a completely blank and pointless new account, 
which only serves one purpose which is to edit my artist page.
Did I miss a step or something or?

side note: what's the big deal with not connecting your FB to your artist page on Spotify? I've heard from multiple places that it's best left out, is it just for personal privacy? Thanks in advance for any info 🙂

PS - I've had to name myself Mosteeze-Artist on here as my Facebook Spotify Login has Mosteeze as it's Community username, any way to get those swapped? Would just make life a lot easier lol.
Thanks again ❤️

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Mosteeze,

Spotify has stopped merging artist pages with user profiles since the launch of Spotify for Artists (artists.spotify.com/c).

It doesn't really matter if the account is FB-created or not. 

You'll be able to get your desired username on this account by changing the username of the account that's currently using it.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @Mosteeze,

Spotify has stopped merging artist pages with user profiles since the launch of Spotify for Artists (artists.spotify.com/c).

It doesn't really matter if the account is FB-created or not. 

You'll be able to get your desired username on this account by changing the username of the account that's currently using it.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts