Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artist and regular account

Solved!

Artist and regular account

Hi guys, so Im a completely spotify newbie.

about a couple of months ago i finally started uploading my songs to spotify via a third party website which uploads my songs/covers and takes a percentage and what not.

I see that I have a spotify artist account with followers, but also the account that I signed up with via facebook which has a separate number of followers.

there is no way to sign into this artist account as I didn't actually create an account (i assume.) is there any way to gain control over this account? i'm a little confused! thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You need to follow this guide here:

http://www.spotifyartists.com/guides/#how-do-you-get-verified

After you submit the verification form, your artist account will be linked to your Spotfy account. It will basically be one account. 

How do you get verified?

If you’re an artist, getting verified is simple. Just follow these steps:

1.  Set up a Spotify profile 

You’ll need a normal Spotify profile to get started. If you don’t already have a profile for the artist, you can create a free one by signing up with an email address here: Create Spotify profile

2.  Complete the Verification form

Once you’ve setup the profile, please complete the Spotify Verification Request form.  

To help us verify the profile, be ready with the following information:

• The Spotify profile username you would like linked to your artist discography page.
  • The artist URI link (link to artist discography page).
  • The preferred display name for the profile.
  • A URL link to a 2048 x 2048 pixel JPEG profile image (no more 500kb, please).
  • A link to a twitter account associated with the artist. Please note that twitter credentials are not stored in any way.

3.   Wait for Verification

Verification can take up to a couple of weeks, but profiles are verified as quickly as possible.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

You need to follow this guide here:

http://www.spotifyartists.com/guides/#how-do-you-get-verified

After you submit the verification form, your artist account will be linked to your Spotfy account. It will basically be one account. 

How do you get verified?

If you’re an artist, getting verified is simple. Just follow these steps:

1.  Set up a Spotify profile 

You’ll need a normal Spotify profile to get started. If you don’t already have a profile for the artist, you can create a free one by signing up with an email address here: Create Spotify profile

2.  Complete the Verification form

Once you’ve setup the profile, please complete the Spotify Verification Request form.  

To help us verify the profile, be ready with the following information:

• The Spotify profile username you would like linked to your artist discography page.
  • The artist URI link (link to artist discography page).
  • The preferred display name for the profile.
  • A URL link to a 2048 x 2048 pixel JPEG profile image (no more 500kb, please).
  • A link to a twitter account associated with the artist. Please note that twitter credentials are not stored in any way.

3.   Wait for Verification

Verification can take up to a couple of weeks, but profiles are verified as quickly as possible.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts