Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artist list disappeared

Solved!

Artist list disappeared

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Macbook Pro 2012 + Android

My Question or Issue

Hello everyone. Suddenly my artist List got deleted except 2 Artists. I encounter the issue on my phone, my macbook as well as in the web player so it is definitely connected to my account. I already tried logging out from all my devices, clearing the cache, deleting the app and installing it again but nothing works.
The weird thing is that everything else works just fine. Playlists, albums etc. are still there...

Could someone please help me to fix this issue. It is REALLY annoying.

(I already searched the forum for posts and did everything i could so please come forward with a good solution)

Thank you very much.

Thank you very much

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We appreciate your feedback on the recent updates to Your Library.

Since this is now the expected behaviour of the app, the best way to provide your feedback going forward is via the Idea Exchange.

This is where users go to suggest changes and improvements to Spotify, and where users can vote on each other's ideas.

There's an existing idea regarding how artists are saved to Your Library here which is relevant to the suggestions in this thread. If you'd like to support the idea, make sure to add your vote to it.

Thanks again! Take care 🙂

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Hey Akash, Welcome to the community! Have you tried heading over to https://www.spotify.com/uk/account/recover-playlists/ to see if you can recover your list? If this doesn't work then head back over and let me know and I will try and help you figure it out.

This isn't what we're looking for--the entire sorting by artist option has disappeared from the app, so going to the "Artists" section only shows artists we follow, not the artists in our library. 

Sry but this is not what I am looking for. All the artists disappeared except the ones im following. (which are only 2). It seems like more people are encountering this issue.

Thanks for the quick reply anyways.

Ah! So I've just discovered. As you say there is apparently an issue at the moment. I am going to direct you to this thread, it offers a temporary workaround whilst the bug is investigated .

The new mobile update is absolute trash. My issues:

-  Number siginifinying amount of songs in playlist has been removed

- Deleting songs from a playlist flow has changed; the current song you're listening to while editing isn't lit up "green."

- One step removed from removing a song from playlist sounds good in theory but it will cause erronous removal ESPECIALLY since the songs are now NOT lit up to be green/playing.

Overall the menus are clunkier, functions are now spread apart too much in album/artist view. What the **bleep** did Spotify do?? God dammit. 

Hey dragon_sound, sorry you are having problems with the mobile app. I would recommend providing feedback to the Spotify team either through a review on the app download page or send them a message on Twitter- Their handle is @SpotifyCares.

Sure, further to this I need to express the gripe that mobile experience has been completly interupted for me.

I do this thing where I add all of the music i want to check out in one single playlist. This can range from 500-2000 songs and i like to pick and choose what i listen to in the list ie. an album that is 600 songs in. From there, i like to delete songs on the fly that i've listened to and don't like (i add ones i like to other, more concrete playlists.) However, now whenever i go to delete song #600, my edit view always brings me up to the top of the playlist and again the current song that is playing is NOT lit up green. So i have to scroll through 100s of songs to find the ones i want to delete during my current listening session. 

It was perfect before, now it's ruined. Why would Spotify make this change? It makes no sense. 

I absolutely hate the new system. It's not intuitive, it's illogical and it's a complete slap in the face to everyone who had their music collection set up to navigate via Artists/saved songs. Why WOULDN'T you be able to browse a list of the artists whose songs you've saved? THIS LIST IS BASICALLY YOUR MUSIC COLLECTION and thus you should ALWAYS be able to browse it by artist! And album, and any other metadata associated with these songs. Otherwise, what is the point of saving songs? So I can have them all in a long, linear list that I have to scroll up and down endlessly? Wheras before, I'd think "Let me listen to all of my tracks by xxxxxx" and I'd just scroll right down to that artist and there they were on their own page. It's been quite a few weeks since they implemented this new system and I still curse it every day because of how much harder it is to find my saved songs by artist. 

Does anyone from Spotify ever respond to these threads? Anyone who had put an ounce of thought into these recent changes couldn't have possibily thought they made sense. 

This also ISNT what we are even talking about. The new update took away a FULL ARTIST list, alphabetical, from top to bottom, WHY WOULD YOU DELETE THIS FEATURE FROM YOUR APP!?  It is like dish network taking away the channel guide and just making your scroll 1 by 1 through your 3000 channels.  Stupidity, FIX IT plz

I have the same problem. It makes Spotify almost unuseable. It seems, bizarrely, that this is a feature not a bug. Mind-boggling.

Yeah, I contacted support via email and was told that unless you follow an artist, you can no longer view artists in your library "but you can sort by album and song". ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Do you search by chapter when you want to read a book by your favorite author??

Do these idiots even listen to music? Have they actually used the app? Ridiculous. I just cancelled my premium subscription after many years of faithful use of what u thought was the best music streaming app.

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We appreciate your feedback on the recent updates to Your Library.

Since this is now the expected behaviour of the app, the best way to provide your feedback going forward is via the Idea Exchange.

This is where users go to suggest changes and improvements to Spotify, and where users can vote on each other's ideas.

There's an existing idea regarding how artists are saved to Your Library here which is relevant to the suggestions in this thread. If you'd like to support the idea, make sure to add your vote to it.

Thanks again! Take care 🙂

Suggested posts