Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artist profile for first release

Artist profile for first release

Hello, I just signed a new artist and we will be releasing his first music on Spotify - this means he doesnt have an artist profile yet, because there isnt any music of his on the platform. 

Is there a way to claim an artist‘s profile before the music is released? Of course we would like to set up his pictures, bio etc. and would also use the playlist pitching tool - which only works with unreleased music. If we don‘t have an artist profile though, we can‘t use the tool. 

Would be great if anyone could help, thanks! 

5 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out.

There's, unfortunately, no way to get access to Spotify for Artists before the first release is live on Spotify.

If you're a label, I'd recommend requesting access to Spotify Analytics. A guide on how to request access can be found here.

It's also possible to pitch an upcoming release to Spotify's Editorial team via Spotify Analytics, not just via Spotify for Artists 🙂 More info on this can be found here.

I hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am wondering if it is possible to claim a profile if there is a song on spotify that im featuring in, but dont have any of my own yet? 

Hey there @Monaali

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

We suggest you get in touch with our team at Spotify for Artists. These folks specialize in queries submitted to Spotify by artists and content creators. They’ll be able to help you more specifically with the issue you’re addressing. 

You can reach out to them here.    

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Hey, I’ve recently added myself as a second artist on the distrokid musician plus plan. I’m releasing my first single and just wanted to know if I get my own Spotify for artists account or am I sharing the account?

Hey @Glass8,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

For questions regarding Artist accounts and its processes, we've a specialized team that will be able to help you further. You can reach them by following this link.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, feel free to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts