Premium

Country

Singapore

Device

Samsung Android

Operating System

iOS OS X El Capitan

My Question or Issue

My artists have all disappeared apart from 3 random ones from both my laptop and my phone. All playlists are still there, so are all albums and all songs - just artists arent. If I follow an artist it appears there, but if I save a song it only appears under songs and not under artists.

Is this some new feature? The spotify interface seems to have changed - do saved songs no longer automatically create an entry in the artist section? This would be bad news as I only really browse by artist!

3 Replies

Spotify decided to radically change how Your Library works. For a good understanding of the changes, check out this Reddit thread I found.

This is helpful because Spotify is allergic to proactive communication to their users when big changes are happening. 

https://reddit.app.link/egxj8UcHTU

One element of the changes is that Your Library / Artists is now restricted to artists you follow socially. This view no longer shows artists whose songs and albums you've saved. It's not a terrible idea, as many users like this, but the terrible part is not showing an alternate view for the way it once was, as well as not telling anyone  

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. We appreciate your feedback on this 🙂

There's a Spotify Answer which outlines the changes that are being rolled out to Your Library on mobile - make sure to check it out here.

Let us know if you have any further questions - we'll be happy to answer them.

Suggested posts