Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artists not playing for me but are for others!

Artists not playing for me but are for others!

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

iPhone 7 Plus & MacBook Pro

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

Hi all,

Pleading that someone knows the answer to this as I cannot find any other threads, and the only one I did find suggests setting up another account as a solution which isn't exactly ideal!

Sooo one of my favourite composers, John Williams has stopped playing for me. At first I put this down to a licensing issue but then I noticed Spotify has an offical playlist of his best which I still could not play. I have checked with friends and all are able to play his tracks from albums which for me remain unplayable.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

5 Replies

Hey @rjhill86, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. No worries though. We'll definitely be able to help out.

Can you give us a bit more info on what happens when you try to listen to this particular artist? Does the issue persist after logging out and back in? You can also try restarting the device to see if it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes, I have logged out on both on my iPhone and Macbook Pro, as well as deleting and re-installing the app.

When I go to play said artist I get the following message, "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it".

Cheers,

Rich.

Hey @rjhill86.

Thanks for getting back to us!

Just to confirm, does the same error comes up on both devices? Also, are the songs grayed out?

In the meantime, send us the playlist or album URI/Link to check if the content is available in the UK.

Keep us posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Hi Alfredo,

The songs aren’t greyed out, they just refuse to play. I know that the album plays for my friends as I have sent them the exact same link as below. It’s really weird as it’s just this artist! It’s not just for this album but his whole collection.

Thanks,

Rich.

https://open.spotify.com/album/2cT1tCxyyHQmSITQKoutxj?si=27DJqDmJQE2eoYYQLNpykw

That's odd!

Do you happen to have this album or the artist's songs saved to your device as local files? If so, try removing them from Spotify before trying again.

Also, do you happen to have a different device other than iPhone or Mac where you could test this out with the same Spotify account?

Keep us posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts