Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Aucune connexion Internet détectée. (Erreur : 4)

Aucune connexion Internet détectée. (Erreur : 4)

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Bonjour,

Je rencontre un problème de connexion très régulier depuis que je suis passé en Windows 10 il y a quelques mois.

Le message est : "Aucune connexion Internet. Spotify essaiera automatiquement de se reconnecter lorsqu'une connexion Internet sera détectée (erreur : 4)".

Cela se produit de façon aléatoire très régulièrement mais pas systématiquement. 

Quand cela se produit, un redémarrage du PC peut solutionner le problème mais pas toujours et d'autres fois après un certain laps de temps spotify rétablie la connexion tout seul. Et d'autres fois rien n'y fait.

Ce problème ne se produit que sur mon PC, je n'ai aucun problème sur mes autres appareils.

Je ne passe pas par un proxy, j'ai vérifié le pare-feu (et j'ai même tenté avec le pare-feu désactivé sans succès), j'ai déjà désinstallé / réinstallé l'application.

Merci de l'aide que vous pourrez m'apporter pour solutionner ce problème.

English version :

Hello,
I have had a very regular connection problem since switching to Windows 10 a few months ago.
The message is : "No internet connection. Spotify will automatically try to reconnect when an internet connection is detected (error: 4 ) ".
This happens randomly very regularly but not systematically.
When this happens, restarting the PC may fix the problem but not always and other times after a certain period of time spotify reestablishes the connection on its own. And other times nothing helps.
This problem only occurs on my PC, I have no problem on my other devices.
I am not going through a proxy, I have checked the firewall (and I even tried with the firewall disabled without success), I have already uninstalled / reinstalled the app.

Thank you for the help you can give me to solve this problem.

8 Replies

Hi @Emouchet56,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Sorry to hear that your experiencing this issue.

First of all we'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app. This is different than simply uninstalling and installing again, as it involves deleting app data files, which can sometimes cause such errors. You can follow the exact steps from this Spotify Answer.

If that doesn't change anything, try the following:

• Close the Spotify app.
  • Click on the Start Icon.
  • Write cmd to open the Command Prompt.
  • The Windows Command Prompt Window will appear. Type in: ipconfig /flushdns and press ENTER.
  • They should receive the following message: Windows IP Configuration. Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.
  • Open the Spotify application.

Let us know how you get on with this. We'll be looking forward to your reply 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,
Sorry to respond so late.

Clean Uninstall / Reinstall did not work.
Likewise for the other solution given.

In 2 weeks spotify was available 3 non-consecutive days. The rest of the time it displays the error message: no connection detected (error 4).

Is this related to a windows 10 update?

Have a good day

Hi there @Emouchet56,

Thanks for the reply!

There could be a few things causing this error message, so we'd need to go through some troubleshooting to get to the bottom of this.

Can you try running the Desktop app in Windows 8 compatibility mode and let us know how it goes.

Cheers 🙂

AlexModerator

Hi Alex,

Sorry but unfortunately the solution does not work. 😑

Cheers.🙂

Hi @Emouchet56,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We recommend trying with a different network, for example creating a hot spot on your phone and using that - if that's possible.

On another note, could you restart your router and check if the issue persists?

Lastly, can you let us know if you can play music via our web player?

Let us know how it goes!

ElenaModerator

Hi Elena,

Thanks for your solutions, but unfortunately my PC can only be connected to the network via an Ethernet cable.

I tried restarting my router without any effect on the problem.

Otherwise I can actually play music via your web player.

On the other hand, I noticed that when I activated my VPN, the problem disappeared, I no longer have a problem connecting to the Spotify application.

This is curious, because I am not aware of any blocking concerning spotify at the level of my internet service provider.

Best regards.

Hi @Emouchet56

Great troubleshooting so far, we can add a few more steps to make sure we've covered all bases.

• Try switching the proxy setting from "auto-detect" to "no proxy".

• Check your firewall and make sure Spotify is set as an exception.

• Disable any antivirus or ad-blocking software.

• Remove host files. Head here to find out how.

• Try accessing the web player before re-attempting to log back in to the desktop client.

• Run Spotify in Safe Mode.

If these steps don't do the trick, it's best to contact the service provider of the network for more information.

Cheers - Keep us in the loop!

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Eni,

None of the suggested solutions work for me, only going through a VPN fixes the problem.

I will contact the service provider of the network for more information.

Thank you for the time spent on my case.

Cheers.

Suggested posts