Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

BEWARE FRAUD SCAM

BEWARE FRAUD SCAM

Dear Spotify Community,

I signed up for a Spotify Premium account, then was the victim of over $4000 of unauthorised transactions for American travel websites. I am not American and have no financial connections to that Country.

SPOTIFY IS THE ONLY ONLINE TRANSACTION I HAVE EVER MADE ON THAT ACCOUNT.

Please look up internet fraud and Spotify before giving then your account details. I'm not sure if their payment method is unsecure, or if the organisation is a scam. There are many other complaints please look it up!

I do not recommed subscribing to this service.

6 Replies

Hi BHeilman, and welcome to the Spotify community!

Firstly, apologies for the inconvenience this will have caused you.

Rest assured though, that the Spotify purchase servers are 100% secture, and Spotify most definately is not a scam. If you think about it, if it were, there wouldn't be 50-100 complaints, there'd be millions. And there aren't, are there?

I suggest you submit an online contact form; and someone at Spotify can refund you, if and only if they can get sufficient evidence to prove you were charged $4000, and it was caused by Spotify. If you get an automated reply; make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply); and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

However, if the money didn't go to Spotify, they will probably not be able to refund you, as they don't have the money that was charged to you. If that is the case, you will need to get in touch with the organisation who the $4000 went to, and, if necessary, I would suggest you take lawful action against them if they refuse to pay you back (you can start that by getting in touch with your bank first, as it's easiest, and letting them know a company is refusing to pay you back the fraudulent transaction).

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

@BHeilman wrote:

I'm not sure if their payment method is unsecure, or if the organisation is a scam. There are many other complaints please look it up!

Hello there. Sorry to hear this has happened to you, but please don't make these claims. They are not true. Anthony has posted some good advice above.

We're happy to do what we can to help you - please get in touch as mentioned and let us know your case reference number. I'll ask our payments team to take a look at your account as soon as possible and see what can be found. Taking a quick look, there have been no payments taken on your account.

Hope this gets worked out for you soon.

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

I have just noticed that my bank account has been debited $50 every month since August 2013 - the ONLY place I have used the combination of email, postcode and bank card details is on Spotify. but someone has used all three to pay for a Gaming site subscription

which I unwittingly have been paying for since August last year!

You should contact your bank and seek their advice immediately.

@sah58 I'm sorry to hear this. I can assure you, our payment servers are incredibly secure. 

Like Joe mentioned above, you should get in touch with your bank as soon as possible.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi!
I'm a newbie on Spotify and I really admire it so much since it helps me.
I just want to make sure if the online payment for premium subscription for students is really legit, where you will need to enter the bank card account details.
Screenshot_20170627-152654.png

Suggested posts