Free

Country

Canada

Device

None

Operating System

Windows10

My Question or Issue

Why is this coming up and blocking me from using or viewing my Spotify account ? I do not have another window open per this is the only device I use. 

Spotify Issue 1A.PNG
4 Replies

And NO I DO NOT have another TAB OPEN .... so don't even ask it please.

Hi there!

For any issue regarding being blocked, the only reason I believe is because Spotify suspects you for 'possible fraudulent activity' (to put it in their words). This does not mean you have in fact, participated in this activity. It could simply be a misunderstanding.
In order to look more into the issue and resolve it, here is a handy article that can help you completely resolve this issue:

https://support.spotify.com/au/article/why-has-my-account-been-disabled/

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

BK

Hi there again!

Re-reading your post, I realised I completely misunderstood your dilemma. Apologies.

With  problem, follow the bottom three steps. If the problem persists and you would like to get it resolved, I am very sure that a if you contact a friendly Spotify team member they would be more than happy to help you!

1. Resarting your device. I, and many people I know, have found that restarting is the best way to refresh the system and does fix a lot of errors. I have a friend who is a computer consultant and there has been numerous cases where restarting does fix the issue, funnily enough!

2. I had a research on articles and found some solutions people have discovered when they had the same issue. Here are a few excerpts I have found that could solve your issue:

~~~{"new tab limit" is occurring due to spotify thinking every new browser session as a "device" and when 10 sessions are added, it gives the tab limit error therefore I assume 10 devices are the limit for spotify (free) users on web?}

~~~ {Fixed by opening the mobile Spotify app, playing a song- and then opening the web player.}

3. My last step is to just give it time. These above steps have worked well with other Spotify users with the same issue in order to resolve it, as well as those same users responding a while later saying that it just started working again of its own accord.

It is possible it is just a glitch in the system.

Hope this helps! Sorry for the mix up in your issue!

Kind Regards,

BK

Still the Same Issue ... Nothing fixes this so I guess I cant use Spotify anymore. It has been like this for over a month now.

Suggested posts