Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bank error bug?

Bank error bug?

Spotify keeps telling me that there's a problem with my payments. I changed my payment info just in case there actually was something wrong on my end (even though the bank assured me that there was money there). Next time I logged on.... the warning came up again. This time one day past the day spotify wanted their money. I still have premium though.... and it seems that the right amount it withdrawn from my account. So I can still listen to my music and spotify can count the dollarbills. So why does this warning keep popping up? 

6 Replies

I'd suggest getting in touch with the payment team so they can look into this.

If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

Well, nice response from the spotify team. They could verify that they got their money from me ( something I already knew, and I actually informed them about in my mail), and verified that I changed my payment info ( I really knew that too). Any other forms I can fill out where people stop telling me what I already informed them about and tell me how to get rid of the warning saying things that aren't wrong is wrong? Maybe I mailed the wrong department? 

Hey @xnuttyx -- sorry for the confusing response from our support team. As they (and you) said, you updated your payment details, which might not have been necessary anyway. We haven't yet taken a payment for this month, but our system will keep trying. If everything's okay with your bank account, a payment should be taken in the next couple of days automatically.

You might have to endure seeing that message until then though, sorry!

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Wow.. the confusion is complete. The spotify team told me that they could verify that they got their money..... You tell me they didn't? And my bank tells me that the money left my bank account.... And the date spotify has set up  for monthly payment is the 28th of December... but not anymore? So who got my money, and when ? And how will I get the darn warning to stop popping up when it shouldn't... or should it? 

Hmm, support said you'd updated payment details (which you have) and that you were still on a Premium subscription (which you are), but the 28th December payment on our system hasn't successfully gone through -- you should find it returns to your bank account in a day or so.

If the payment definitely left though, feel free to send over a screenshot to that email and our payments folk will be able to look into it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Never mind.... 1 guy telling me they got their money... One tells me they don't. One guy telling me to empty my cache to fix problem, one guy telling me to send screenshot of me actually paying.... I'm gonna bill you for my advil expenses soon.

Happy new year----  

Suggested posts