Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Because of Spotify Connect anyone could use my account?

Solved!

Because of Spotify Connect anyone could use my account?

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Xbox One, Surface Pro and Amazon Echo devices

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi,

Since I move in an house all inclusive, I share the same Wi-Fi! Since that, I see lot of song in my history I never never listen (most of them in spanish). So I change my password but unfortunately that doesn't stop the issue, worst, It's happen this unknow user stop my music to start something else (even if I'm not at home). What can I do? I suspect Spotify Connect, looks like a major issues!

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Fabe56 Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Wi-Fi doesn't allow people to randomly connect into your account. The problem that you are having is mostly the cause of someone else being on your account. What i would recommend is change your password to your account immediately. Also i would change you password to the email that your account is associated with just incase they have access to that as well. 

Let me know how it goes!

Keanu_C

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Fabe56 Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Wi-Fi doesn't allow people to randomly connect into your account. The problem that you are having is mostly the cause of someone else being on your account. What i would recommend is change your password to your account immediately. Also i would change you password to the email that your account is associated with just incase they have access to that as well. 

Let me know how it goes!

Keanu_C

Hi,

After few days I confirm that's another you use my account credential. Thanks ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Hey @Fabe56

No Problem! I'm glad we were able to catch that on time.

Happy Listening

Keanu_C

Suggested posts