Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Been Paying $12.99 A Month For 3+ Years...Spotify Charging $9.99 For Years-Not Right!!!

Solved!

Been Paying $12.99 A Month For 3+ Years...Spotify Charging $9.99 For Years-Not Right!!!

Wow-too busy and never stopped to check out monthly subscriptions after sseing ads for forgotton subscriptions! I spoke to a friend and he mentioned Spotify changed to $9.99 a month probably 2 years ago! Wow-I am super pissed!!1

Two Questions:

1:When did they actually change the subscription to $9.99 a month (please customer only respond)

2:: I know why they didn't didn't change it due to greed, but waht recourse do I have to get my over payment charges back????

What made me think of greed is there is no way to navigate to contact a person through site and usually good trying to get phone numbers but this is the first time stumped. Sent email and still waiting for the support reply!

Assistance appreciated, thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @123spongebob321. If you've been charged $12.99 a month for premium then your subscription is managed through Apple and not Spotify itself. To cancel this you'll want to follow the directions here. One you've done that you can re-enroll for premium here, which will be at $9.99 a month. Please let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I could help you with. Cheers!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Well my sincere APLOGIES. I should have known better,especially dealing with Apple!!!

I was tring to resubscribe at $9.99 since cancelling on iTunes. Was looking on infor and I found this!!!

"Spotify on iTunes costs more Why is paying for Spotify through the App Store more expensive?

Apple forces us to apply an additional charge on subscriptions made through iTunes and its App Store.

The good news is you don’t have to pay extra: Paying for Spotify through Spotify.com instead means you’re cutting out the pricey middleman and coming directly to us.

Make the switch

1. Follow the steps here to cancel the automatic renewal of your Spotify payment with iTunes.
  2. Wait for the current subscription period to run out.
    Note: You can check the expiration date of your current subscription on your account page here
  3. When your account reverts back to Free, head here and resubscribe directly with Spotify.

That’s it. All the same Spotify features you love, on a lower monthly price. 

Enjoy!

I am even more upset-Apple flagrantly lied to me with thei explanation! I called them again and mentioned how a senior supervisor stated what was sai to me and he did a song and dance. APple has changed thei arrogance and just lying to thier customers is a sign of the times I guess. Eventually it will catch up with htem and good bye Apple. Cancelled all payments and changing to Samsung.

So I do apologize to Spotify. I just wish I was able to find this yesterday!!!

Thanks.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @123spongebob321. If you've been charged $12.99 a month for premium then your subscription is managed through Apple and not Spotify itself. To cancel this you'll want to follow the directions here. One you've done that you can re-enroll for premium here, which will be at $9.99 a month. Please let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I could help you with. Cheers!

So you are telling that the EXTRA $3.00 is going to itunes???????

apple takes a 30% cut

Well I just got off the phone with a Senior Supervisor at Apple itunes billing. He stated that Spotify determines the pricing for billing to itunes. They DO NOT get the $3 surcharge. He said his friend went thought he same thing. SO who is telling the Truth.

He said & she said...well my money is that Spotify is guaming the extra $3.00 or 30% of billing as total greed.

Here is my deduction. There is no customer service, absolutely no way to contact customer service. either though twitter-email-or customer form. The senior Supervisor said his friend sent numerous @twitter with nothing. I sent email with no replies!. The only replies defending Spotify is from God knows who!!! I did ask APlle for any way to contact Spotify directly with an answer has no phone numers at all.

I guess the key word with this forum is "CUSTOMER"  There is absolutely no acceptance of responsibility in writing or these replies stating that this is "SPOTIFY"

So who are you telling me it is itunes??? Who from SPotify will definitively state that itunes is getting the extra graft!!!!

Spotify has my email address so why don"t you "Spotify" set up and say yes or no.

THIS IS SOOOOOOOO WRONG!!!! You have agood product set up and assume some responsibility instead of just taking my money!!!!!!

Marked as solution

Well my sincere APLOGIES. I should have known better,especially dealing with Apple!!!

I was tring to resubscribe at $9.99 since cancelling on iTunes. Was looking on infor and I found this!!!

"Spotify on iTunes costs more Why is paying for Spotify through the App Store more expensive?

Apple forces us to apply an additional charge on subscriptions made through iTunes and its App Store.

The good news is you don’t have to pay extra: Paying for Spotify through Spotify.com instead means you’re cutting out the pricey middleman and coming directly to us.

Make the switch

1. Follow the steps here to cancel the automatic renewal of your Spotify payment with iTunes.
  2. Wait for the current subscription period to run out.
    Note: You can check the expiration date of your current subscription on your account page here
  3. When your account reverts back to Free, head here and resubscribe directly with Spotify.

That’s it. All the same Spotify features you love, on a lower monthly price. 

Enjoy!

I am even more upset-Apple flagrantly lied to me with thei explanation! I called them again and mentioned how a senior supervisor stated what was sai to me and he did a song and dance. APple has changed thei arrogance and just lying to thier customers is a sign of the times I guess. Eventually it will catch up with htem and good bye Apple. Cancelled all payments and changing to Samsung.

So I do apologize to Spotify. I just wish I was able to find this yesterday!!!

Thanks.

Hi @123spongebob321. Glad you got this sorted. As you found out, they were correct when they said that Spotify determines the pricing, but they did neglect to mention that all subscriptions through Apple incur a 30% charge, hence the higher price. This is actually the reason that Spotify has just now disabled the ability to subscribe in app, and Apple is having a bit of a fit over it. Please let me know if you have anything else I can help you with!

Appreciate the words- Really dispise Apples arrogance!

To apply for subscription directly through Spotify the itunes subscription has to expire I gather?

Right now on premium for 3 months for 9.99 until September. So I can activate end of July with Spotify directly and then in September could you forward instructions on how to change my daughter to family and add my wife?

Appreciated, thanks!

Suggested posts