Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Being Charged for Premium but Account Says Free

Being Charged for Premium but Account Says Free

I tried this by sending a message through the web and got an autoresponder (Spotify Case # 06883590: Account - Other ref:_00DD0pxIW._500571KKJK9:ref), so am trying again.

Here's the issue: when I log in to Spotify my account page says I'm on the Free plan, yet I am being charged $9.99 a month. Now, let's say for the sake of argument that I even intended to sign up for Spotify Premium. If I'm being charged for Premium, it ought to appear in my account. So either there's some kind glitch in your administration or I've somehow created another account that's being charged. Either way, I'm not getting something I'm paying for.

1. What do you need to confirm whether my account is supposed to be Premium or not?
  2. If it's not, can we figure out why I'm being charged for Premium? If so, why doesn't it say so?
  3. Perhaps I'm being charged for another account.  How can we figure out which one? I tried the recover password link for at least three of my email addresses and got the "not linked to an account message".

Thanks in advance for your help.

Miles O'Reilly

4 Replies

Having the same problem. They also charged me twice. Would like my money back. Like to know why I am being charged for something I do jot have.

Thanks
Melissa Salyer

Having the same issue - does anyone know how to address?

I am having this exact same issue... where you able to get this resolved with Spotify?

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry to hear you've been charged, but can only see Free. 

It sounds like you might have a second account which is on Premium. We'd recommend following the steps here to locate the second account. 

If you're unable to find a second account, or you think someone might be using your payment details, then check out these steps

Hope this helps!

Suggested posts