Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Being charged when I cancelled my premium subscription

Being charged when I cancelled my premium subscription

Back in January I got billed for a month of Spotify Premium Membership.  I had used the free trial, and was expecting the trial to simply end, but the membership continued and I got billed.  Shrugging it off, the same day I am billed I go online and cancel the membership for next month so that I do not get charged again.  A month later(early February) I notice membership is still active so I assume there must be something messed up, so I ignored it assuming I did not actually have Spotify premium.  However, I got billed once more today.  I cancelled my premium subscription yet still got billed.  I deem this unacceptable because I did not want to be charged at all, and now have been charged twice.  I would like some assistance please.

33 Replies

Hi Jamaicanmole,

I'm just writing you an email now--keep an eye on your inbox.

Hi,

i am also having a similar issue when my Spotify subscription was cancelled after my facebook was disconnected. my sub went back to the free version and asked me to upgrade again to the prem. which i did. But when i check my checking account, i saw i was charged twice in the same month. i want to be refunded my 10 bucks that i assume was charged when i was forced to upgrade again even though i already had the prem version. how can you remedy the situation?

Hi Apollouno, please have a look in your inbox as I've just sent an email your way. 

I am being charged twice a month within 3 days of each payment for the past two months. I have cancelled my subscription two months ago why am I bring charged to begin with and why am I being charged twice?

I'm hoping someone can help resolve this.

Eyesharr - This is really something you'd need to discuss with the payments team. If you could head to 'About us' above, then 'Contact Form'. They'll get back to you as soon as they can.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have had similar issues with spotify. I signed up for Premium last year and decided after a couple months that I couldn't afford it so I went through the steps listed online to cancel it. I thought everything was fine and went through until a couple months later I saw I was still being charged so I canceled again! I just checked my banking account again and see I've been charged for the last three months! I am really really frustrated.  I wanted to cancel months and months ago. I do not understand why it won't let me cancel. There is no contact information to call spotify either so I feel like I'm being forced to pay for a service I don't want. PLEASE HELP ME OUT, this is beyond frustrating. 

@hannabanana wrote:

I have had similar issues with spotify. I signed up for Premium last year and decided after a couple months that I couldn't afford it so I went through the steps listed online to cancel it. I thought everything was fine and went through until a couple months later I saw I was still being charged so I canceled again! I just checked my banking account again and see I've been charged for the last three months! I am really really frustrated.  I wanted to cancel months and months ago. I do not understand why it won't let me cancel. There is no contact information to call spotify either so I feel like I'm being forced to pay for a service I don't want. PLEASE HELP ME OUT, this is beyond frustrating. 

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Since this is a billing query, you will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further. Don't worry, they won't leave you out of pocket if you haven't been using the service.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I am also being charged monthly even after i canceled my account over three months ago. Please fix this problem or contact me

Hi iimonsterpanda,

Welcome to the Community! 

As Peter put it better above than I could, here it is again:

Peter:

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Since this is a billing query, you will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further. Don't worry, they won't leave you out of pocket if you haven't been using the service.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Hello.im reading all these complaints.i too have cancelled my account with spotify and was just charge $9.99.how can I stop them from taking money out when I no longer want to have an account with them.i cancelled them a month and a half ago

@Mkleintop wrote:
Hello.im reading all these complaints.i too have cancelled my account with spotify and was just charge $9.99.how can I stop them from taking money out when I no longer want to have an account with them.i cancelled them a month and a half ago

Hey there, get in touch here and one of our support team will get back to you as soon as they can. If you get an automated response, reply back to it directly.

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Having the same problem. I cancelled my subscription about two months ago but when I checked my bank statements this morning I was charged ten dollars! I really liked Spotify, cancelled for financial issues, but now don't know eager I am to come back.

@exoticlily87 wrote:

Having the same problem. I cancelled my subscription about two months ago but when I checked my bank statements this morning I was charged ten dollars! I really liked Spotify, cancelled for financial issues, but now don't know eager I am to come back.

Hey exoticlily87, get in touch here and our payments team should be able to get things straightened out.

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Hi, I cancelled my subscription in December 2013 and I'm being charged in March for premium. How do I fix this?

@Fraziersucks - Get in touch using the link Adam posted above (and reply to the automated email) and an adviser will be able to lend a hand. 

Peter

hi, this same thing just happened to me. i cancelled my subscription a week or so ago maybe even longer as i didn't have the money this month to be able to afford it, however woke up this morning with a notification on my phone from Paypal to say that i have paid £9.99 to Spotify. 

this hasn't happened before when i've cancelled my subscription. I need the money refunding as it's going to make me overdrawn but no one is replying to my emails

any help would be appreciated

thanks 

If you reply to the automated email reply someone from the Spotify team will get back to you as soon as they can.

Peter

Hi i have replied to the email twice and no one is responding. I need it sorting asap as its going to make me overdrawn. I cancelled it for this reason!

Can you let us know your 8-digit case number and we can ask for it to be chased up for you? It is in the automated email reply.

Peter

Suggested posts