Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Being charged when I cancelled my premium subscription

Being charged when I cancelled my premium subscription

Back in January I got billed for a month of Spotify Premium Membership.  I had used the free trial, and was expecting the trial to simply end, but the membership continued and I got billed.  Shrugging it off, the same day I am billed I go online and cancel the membership for next month so that I do not get charged again.  A month later(early February) I notice membership is still active so I assume there must be something messed up, so I ignored it assuming I did not actually have Spotify premium.  However, I got billed once more today.  I cancelled my premium subscription yet still got billed.  I deem this unacceptable because I did not want to be charged at all, and now have been charged twice.  I would like some assistance please.

33 Replies

it's 01310207 

thank you 🙂 

Escalated that now, hopefully someone will get back to you soon.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

thanks very much!!

I also have been facing the same issue! I cancelled my subscription about a week ago, and checked my bank balance today to find that I have been charged. This is unacceptable and I feel cheated, I am so put off by the bad service of spotify.

@tpopsicle - Did you get the email confirmation of your cancellation? 

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form but they should be able to get that cancelled and refunded for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I cancelled my subscription earlier this month and i just saw i was still billed at the end for another..... Why is that?

@prefixmag 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you solve this problem

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have just got charged as well after I canceled my membership. I had Spotify Premium for a few months and I canceled before the end of last month so I thought it will finish then but I ve got charged in the beggining of this month as well. Could somebody help me?

I'm having the same issue. I cancelled my subscription back in April, and just noticed that I'm still being charged for premium. I went to cancel again and noticed that they ask you 3 TIMES (!!!) to cancel your subscription. I think last time I tried cancelling I must have assumed that after the second time being asked, that was it. This time I paid closer attention and noticed I had to click 'cancel subscription' a third time. And I know it worked this time because I got a confirmation email.

I'm still annoyed with the fact that I've paid for two more months of premium and feel I shoud be entitled to a refund from Spotify.

I did the deal back in September which was three months of premium for $.99. After the three months was up I cancelled it so I wouldn't be billed. But I continue to be billed for premium every month even though it says in settings I do not have it. What can I do to stop it?

How do I cancel my premium subscription when it is showing that I do not have premium, yet have been charged $9.99 on my bank account for six months?

I've got the exact same problems...

Hey @lcm_23@ngravitt and @ferrr,

This is something our Accounts team needs to look into. Get in touch with them via this contact form, on Twitter with the @SpotifyCares handle, or on our Facebook page.

We'll be happy to help you sort this out.

Hi there, I applied my student discount for premium and was charged £5 the first time which was fine. However this month on the 22-3-2017 I got charged the full amount of £9.99 which makes no sense as my account was showing that I will be only paying £5. I've cancelled my premium just in case I get charged again in April. However I would like to resolve this issue also as I have cancelled after they already took payment will I get charged the next month even though I have cancelled?

Suggested posts