Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Believe account was hacked, Spotify help email unresponsive

Believe account was hacked, Spotify help email unresponsive

I believe my account was hacked because all my login details changed overnight and when I send a password reset, it never arrives at my account email address. Tried all the usual suspects, spam folders etc, and am completely baffled.

What's more baffling is how I emailed Spotify customer support on Monday and have yet to receive a helpful reply, or any indication that somebody is looking into my case. What the eff do I do now?

8 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

That's probably because your email has been changed, hence all your support emails are going to the changed address.

Please submit a form from this page instead where you can specify the email.

If you get an automated reply, make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply) and it will be sent to the staff.

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

I've already submitted the form and nobody has gotten back to me -- besides the auto-reply -- for a week. I've replied to the auto-reply and still no outreach. If I could get someone on the phone this would be easy to resolve, but right now, the help system is a broken system. 

@dummyaccount wrote:

I've already submitted the form and nobody has gotten back to me -- besides the auto-reply -- for a week. I've replied to the auto-reply and still no outreach. If I could get someone on the phone this would be easy to resolve, but right now, the help system is a broken system. 

@dummyaccount 

Let me know your case reference number (#series of numbers), and I'll escalate it to the staff for you.

Anthony

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

reference 00DDpxIW.500DrezNv

reference 00DDpxIW.500DrezNv

@dummyaccount wrote:
reference 00DDpxIW.500DrezNv

Hi,

That doesn't look like a normal reference number to me.

Your reference should be something like #1234567890 - and will be in the automated reply you received.

Anthony

Okay must be 02580069

I have forwarded your case number to the support team at Spotify. Hopefully someone will be in contact soon.

Thanks for your patience.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts