NEXT STEP

Big issue: i've lost my password and my email adress was hacked

Big issue: i've lost my password and my email adress was hacked

Plan

Premium Family

Country

France (feel free to answer in english)

My Question or Issue

As I said in the title, I've lost my password and the email adress I used to open the account was hacked. I can currently access Spotify because my computer registered all the account informations but I want to change the adress linked to the account. I can provide tons of infos proving I'm the account owner. I've already told about this issue but I receive no answer from Spotify. I hope someone can help me here! 

4 Replies

Hey @SGTMA, welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear that you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account.

In this case, I'd recommened checking out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

Hope this helps 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you but it's not exactly my Spotify account which was hacked but my email. The Spotify account is still accessible. What I want to do is setting a new email and a new password, and it's obviously an issue. But I can prove my identity to the Spotify people, that's why I hope some of them will read this and help me. By the way, i'm not using my account to post here because i needed the password which i don't have 😞

@SGTMA,

Thanks for the reply!

In this case, I would contact your email provider to see if they are able to help with your email account.

In regards to your password missing, you can follow these steps to recover your account.

Hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you, i'm working on this solution too. But as I have no answer from my email provider I will continue to try here.

Suggested posts