Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Billed twice

Solved!

Billed twice

My name is Brian. I signed up for the 30 day trial in december on facebook after i signed up for it using spotify details. I canceled the subscription trial using spotify details, only using my facebook details, or at least i thought it canceled the subscription. now 3 months later i am being billed for two subscriptions, $20 a month instead of $10. I do not know my spotify details for that subscritption, the username or the password. What should I do? Can anybody help me?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey Brian! A warm welcome to the community 🙂

As this is a billing issue, you will need to get in touch with the payments team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you with this. Don't worry, they are a great bunch, they will get to the bottom of this for you and make sure you aren't left out of pocket! 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@briani22 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Your information was helpful. However, when I pull up the link to the contact spotify page, it allows me to click on the first box but after I do it doesnt allow me to do anything else. No other boxes are available. What should i do?

That is weird, try the alternative contact form. That one work?

Peter

Peter

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey Brian! A warm welcome to the community 🙂

As this is a billing issue, you will need to get in touch with the payments team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you with this. Don't worry, they are a great bunch, they will get to the bottom of this for you and make sure you aren't left out of pocket! 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Thanks for the reply. Your information was helpful. However, when I pull up the link to the contact spotify page, it allows me to click on the first box but after I do it doesnt allow me to do anything else. No other boxes are available. What should i do?

Marked as solution

@briani22 wrote:

That is weird, try the alternative contact form. That one work?

Peter

Peter

Thanks!! that form worked great!

I was able to access that contact form and I sent the contact the form to Spotify. That was as of monday 3/11 and today is thursday 3/14. I recieved a confirmation from spotify saying that they recieved my help form. They gave me a case number as well. Unfortunately, as of today I still do not have anything written back from Spotify. I am very dissappointed in their customer service. I am unable to contact anyone by phone and have not recieved any help from their contact form. Perhaps instead of canceling one subscription like I had planned I may cancel both to avoid any future issues.

Can you post that case number here? 

I will then escalate this to the attention of the community team to chase up for you.

Peter

Peter

# 00576971

Is there a number I can contact spotify directly with? I have been waiting two weeks so far and I am close to canceling both my subscriptions because of this situation. I haven't recieved a reply from spotify within two weeks and the fuse is running low here. Any update would be helpful.

I have escalated this topic to the community staff for you, that is the best I can do I'm afraid. Spotify don't have telephone support.

Peter

Peter

I'll be in touch! Sorry for the delay.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I wqs also billed twice for all four months of my subscription.  I sent a request to customer service last week and have not heard back.  However, they did send me a survey wanting to know how effectively they resolved my issue!  They ahve done nothing!

I will give it a another few days and then dispute the credit card charges.

From the posts here, it seems like this happends alot.  At what point is this no longer accidental and intentional???  I will give it just a bit more time and then perhaps file a police report.

If anyone from Spotify is out there, my case id is:

Spotify Case # 00797702

dpfranzett -- we don't send out those emails asking for feedback unless one of our support team has replied to you. My colleague replied to that case back on July 10. It was sent to the same email address you used with the contact form. If you didn't get it, can you check your spam/junk folders?

Edit: in any case, your reply to the feedback form came through so you'll get another response soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Hi - I keep getting billed twice.  I did go to the link in which you can contact billing but that link doesn't seem to work.  Please help me fix this!!  I only have and only need 1 account!! 

@user-removed wrote:

Hi - I keep getting billed twice.  I did go to the link in which you can contact billing but that link doesn't seem to work.  Please help me fix this!!  I only have and only need 1 account!! 

I've just taken a look at your Spotify account attached to your Community profile and it's an account created through Facebook that it doesn't look like you've logged into much. Do you normally use an email address to log into Spotify or do you also have a Spotify-specific username?

In any case, our support team are the only ones who can sort out the double payments. Try this form.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Honestly, the problem for me being billed twice was my fault. I had started a subscription using spotifuggle details and then created another subscription using facebook details. I deleted the one with the spotifuggle details but for some reason it did not get deleted and I was continuously billed unknowingly. Once it was known I tried to contact spotifuggle to get the situation resolved and unfortunately to say, their customer service isn't great. Eventually it was solved

Somehow signing up through Facebook is causing people to be double billed or have multiple accounts. It should recognize that you already have an account but it doesn't. I made a new account as I couldn't access the one I cancelled and come to find out been being billed for that account and new one. I'm very unhappy with their customer service also. They do not make it easy to get in contact with them, whatsoever. I'm still trying myself. I however did figure out how to get into other account and hopefully it is truly cancelled this time.

Suggested posts