Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Billing Confusion

Billing Confusion

Firstly, I can't find contact information for Spotify's team

I stopped using Spotify over a month ago when my phone broke, although I never cancelled the subscrition. Close to a month ago, I tried using Spotify, but could only use Shuffle Play and my playlists weren't downloaded - I was also getting messages about '[upgrading to premium]'.
I thought, Ok, cool, it's auto cancelled my subscription. Unexpected but very clever... then yesterday I get two SMS alerts.
One is from Spotify "[thanks for your £9.99 payment]"... Ok. Little bit confused. The second one, "[Boku courtesy message, you've spent £29.97]". On trying Spotify again, Premium has been reinstated.

Having no Idea what "Boku" is, I thought to check out my Spotify account for the first time in ever.
I have 3 notable receipts.

The first is dated December 1st, but, on opening it it's dated October 4th

The second is dated December 1st and is dated December 1st on opening
The third is dated December 4th and is dated December 4th on opening.

Has anybody any idea what has occurred, why I've seemingly been charged for 3 months in one instance and why my subscription wasn't working in between??

Thanks!

Spotify.jpg
8 Replies

Hey, thanks for coming to the community!

This is bizarre. However, can you check in your subscription page if your Premium dates more than a month away? It could be that it registered the older no payments at once when you returned on Spotify... I advice you use the contact form so that a member of the Spotify staff can check into your account's payment details. You simply follow the right steps and then at the bottom you should see a bright Spotify-green button saying "I still need help". You press that and then fill in the form. When you receive an automated reply that directs you back here, please reply to it, even if a no-reply. It works!

I'm also directing you to this helpful thread about what to do when you have Premium but your account remains free.

Hope this helped!

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Thank you for your help. This went to the back of my mind, but it's happened again.

Hey again!
Did you tried contacting Spotify support then?
K

Yeah, but only just today!! Waiting on a response 🙂

Great, keep me posted 🙂
K

I'm have tried and can't seem to have this problem corrected I was billed as a student which I am not , who do I contact ? Tried the bank and its a goose chase

I'm being charged as a student and I am not
I'm trying to fix this ; who do I contact?

Hey there @ErnestoRodrigue, welcome to the community!

That doesn't sound right. In this case, I'd recommend trying to get in touch with your bank directly to make sure it's not a pending charge. If it is, your funds should eventually reappear on your statement.

Hope this helps!

K

Suggested posts