Birthday Updating Issue

Birthday Updating Issue

Premium

Country

United States

Device

(iPhone 8, XPS17)

Operating System

(most recent iOS and Windows 10, respectively)

My Question or Issue

I have an account set up through Facebook, and a year or two after setting up my Spotify account, I changed my Facebook birthday. Unfortunately, that change is not being reflected in my Spotify account settings. I'm trying to get a student subscription (as opposed to full premium, which I've been paying for through high school) without completely deleting my account. If my birthday doesn't update, I'm not sure that I can verify my student status. I've already tried editing my account (which you can't do if you created your account with Facebook, to my understanding) and going into Facebook and making sure it's sharing the proper information (Birthday, Email, etc) with Spotify in the Apps settings. I need help with either updating my birthday or verifying my student status, preferably both. Thanks!

2 Replies

Hey @socery, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Yes, if you created your Spotify account through Facebook, you would have to disconnect following these steps > Disconnect Facebook section.

I'd also recommend getting in touch with Customer Support who can help with changing your birthdate. They'll take a look and do their best to help.

Have a nice day! 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the response, I've visited the page you linked above - my
Spotify desktop app literally has no button in its settings which allows me
to "Disconnect from Facebook." I don't know if that page is out of date or
if I'm somehow looking at the wrong desktop app, but its advice hasn't
worked for me. If there are any other links or sites I'd love to see them!

I'll reach out to customer support, though. Thanks!

Suggested posts