Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Birthday listed on Spotify is incorrect. Says to change it on Facebook, but Facebook is correct.

Birthday listed on Spotify is incorrect. Says to change it on Facebook, but Facebook is correct.

Changing the date on Facebook doesn't update it on spotify. All 3 parts of it are wrong: Month, Day, Year. Specifically, it's off by 4 months, -2 days, and 2 years.

It doesn't let me change it on Spotify.

19 Replies

Hey @Axoren

That's definitely a strange one! Could you Private Message me with the email address associated with your account? I'll take a closer look for you.

Exactly the same problem, same age difference as well..

I have the exact same problem, my birthday is listed as off by 8 years, 3 months, and 11 days. Facebook has the correct birthday, but I can't change it on spotify account management since it is synced to my facebook account.

I'll send you a PM as well with my account info.

I'm having exactly the same problem. 

My facebook account is accurate, but Spotify had a completely different date noted. 

It's out by 9 Years 11 months.

Has anyone found a solution to this yet?

I have the same problem. Can you help me as well?

Mine is off by 4 years 1 month and 19 days.

How does it even happen?!

Hey there I as well have the same problem. I go on my spotfiy account and it haas 4 years over than me and in facebook I am 4 years younger which is correct my birthday year is wron on my spotify account and its correct on facebook. How am I able to fix this problem I really need help. 

I have the same problem. Have they been able to solve this?

I have the exact same problem!

Same problem.

Exact same problem. My bday on FB is 4/12/95 (which is correct), my Bday on this is inexplicably 7/21/97

Really awesome they adressed it after so many people had the same problem.

I have the same problem. Can anyone help me fix it?

Same here! Facebook is correct but spotify is way off. I'm April 6th 1988 and is says sometime in 94. 

Same problem. Only out by about 13 years though!

I have the same problem, despite my birthday listed on Facebook being correct. It's off with 5 years, 1 month and 2 days.

Hey can this problem fixed already?
It seems to be a reoccurring issue that Spotify has yet to update since 2015.
It'd be nice to have the correct information, thank you so much. :^|

Me too

I have updated my email on facebook, but it didn't change in here, I tried log out and log in, it still didn't change.

Hi all,

I recently started using Spotify and I have the same issue.

What I did notice though, which I think might be the source of the problem is that when it asks to authorise your Facebook account it wants to check that you're above 21. But what Spotify does is basically make your "Date of birth" exactly 21 years before the date that you started using for Spotify.

This is what Spotify tells me my birth date is: "12/03/1997" and "12/03/2018" is when I started using Spotify.

Hopefully someone at Spotify can use this information to implement a fix.

Suggested posts