Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Block other users.

Block other users.

There is a person who I would like to block from following me, messaging me, sending me tracks, and any other interaction.

I am no longer friends with this person on facebook, and I have selected "Block from inbox" on this person’s name in my inbox.

The current minimal feature to block a user does not work at all. I have since selecting "block" received tracks from this user.

Please fix these privacy issues. This is the only from of social media I am unable to block this person on, and they are abusing that.

Yes, there have been similar posts to this, but the issue has not been resolved, and I thought I could explain it more thoroughly.

Thank you,

R4D

34 Replies

I ended up having to completely close my account and then open a new one
and recover my playlists. Dude was a total stalker and went as far as to
follow my now husband.

It seems business policies are more important to Spotify than preserving our intimate life.

This issue has now at least a few years from now so it would be very nice Spotify to "listen" their clients requests for once at least.

Dear Spotify,

Please help developing the feature of blocking followers. Nobody likes to be stalked. Thank you.

@jmusiclistener I have the same question. Did you ever find out if blocking the user stopped them from receiving the message? Thanks if you can share advice

I also have a stalker ex and I can't block him on Spotify either.

So does @SpotifyCare about our safety from the inability to block followers?

Please do it already...

This not being able to block people is bull**bleep**. I'm going to look for another streaming service.

THIS IS BULL**bleep** FIX IT

HOW MANY PEOPLE NEED TO BE SCARED AND STALKED FOR YOU TO LISTEN IT HAS BEEN YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS GET YOUR **bleep** TOGETHER AND DO IT

NOW

Fix this already. Literally people's safety are of concern because of this. 

It seems they finally fixed it ? Now I can only search for people in my list. 

Seriously? I thought my ex shut his account down thinking he was teaching
ME a lesson. Lol.

If i can easily unfollow a user's account, why i can't i just as easily block them at that point? What are we supposed to do if messages were never sent or have since been deleted? 

Suggested posts