Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Block users

Block users

I believe Spotify should let you block other users. A guy from my high school has been harassing me for years and I recently I blocked him on all social media platforms except Spotify. There is no way to block him on Spotify. He still follows me and watches what I listen to. He then creates playlists directed for me with cryptic messages in the descriptions. I feel scared and I feel watched. I've considered deleting my Spotify account but I've been a member since 2016 and I've created so many playlists that I don't want to lose. I really can't believe there is no way for users to block other users. I feel unsafe and upset... Spotify isn't taking its members' safety into consideration.

8 Replies

Hey @lo_ibanez, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'm afraid this feature isn't possible at the moment. You can always support this idea about the block feature here, and I'll also pass your feedback on to the right folks.

I'll be here if you need anything else!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Spotify please listen to us and develop this small feature: Block a follower.

Hey there @k666,

Thank you for your post and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features and constantly aiming to improve our features so we hope you’ll continue using it and find it gets better in the future. 

Once again  - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. We're always one reply away.

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

What I want is that a user can be blocked soon, because there are people
who have requested it since 2013 and it is 2020 and nothing

I am still being harassed by this man through Spotify! PLEASE DO SOMETHING. He won't stop posting private messages that he's sent me as the playlist images. He won't stop writing freaky things in the descriptions. And he won't stop following my "Repeats" playlist. EVERY OTHER PLAYLIST I'VE EVER MADE IS NOW PRIVATE. What more can I do? I've reported his user profile and his playlists multiple times and nothing has come of it. I AM SCARED and other women are too and you've done absolutely nothing for years. I am disgusted with Spotify because the lack of care they feel for their members is revolting. For years people have been asking for a block option due to abuse and nothing has come of it.

Please add this feature!!! I don't know what else it will take. People have been asking for this feature for years. I see posts several years old asking for this feature and the SAME REPLY comes from you "we don't have this feature at the moment, but we're always considering adding new features". How does that help me? I'm considering cancelling my Spotify subscription because I can't deal with this abuse anymore. Every day I check his profile and there are new playlists. I blocked this man on other social media platforms 5 months ago and I'm still receiving harassment through Spotify. It won't end and no one at Spotify seems to care.

I am wondering if there is an update to this on the original thread that has almost 11,000 people requesting this. Comments including my own have been coming in recently and it is a major security issue. If things are being added and removed with testing and aiming to improve features, shouldn't a security feature be considered more important than some other features?

The last update provided to over 10k people was given in 2018. --> https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Social-Block-Followers/idi-p/310496

I appreciate your feedback, but over 10k people would appreciate some acknowledgement on this!

I agree with the echoes of people here and in similar threads dating back to 2013 (?!) 

This is a basic SAFETY concern, and therefore should be an immediate priority. We should have the right to block other users to protect our privacy. 

I'm really disappointed to see that Spotify has ignored the request for this feature for years. It is unacceptable! 

Suggested posts