Blocked artist list disappeared but artists are still blocked

Plan

Premium

Device

All

Operating System

All

My Question or Issue

Before upgrading to premium I could mark artist as 'liked' or 'hidden' (heart icon or ban icon) I had 5 artists hidden that way and after upgrade they stayed hidden. I can't find any way to unhide or add more hidden artists/songs. When they are hidden spotify skips their songs in playlists.

I've checked this on my sisters account kicking her from my spotify family and readding. Same problem.

7 Replies

Hey @mike2060, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

Blocking artists isn't available on Spotify.

You have been just giving feedback to the Dialy Mix/Discover Weekly playlists which will then offer you less songs like those you gave a negative feedback.

Hope it helps 🙂

While on premium and listening to ie discover weekly I still can thumbup or thumbdown song it is nowhere showed in the apps. I remember on free plan there was this menu where I could see all blocked / disliked artists/songs. 
I can't check it again any more now, but I belive that feature was more powerfull that regular thumb one, and that it worked (skipped songs) on regular playlists as well.

Hey @mike2060,

You're always able to thumbs up or down tracks in order to change the recommendations you get. The functionality you're referring to is currently not available, but make sure to add it to our Ideas board if you think other people would like to have it implemented.

Let us know if there's anything else! 🙂

I downloaded previous version, from mid june and created new account. I can 'heart' and 'block' songs/artists and this appears as Hidden list in my library (see attached photo). 

Where to look for that feature in premium plan?

spoti.png

Hey @mike2060.

Thanks for getting back to us.

As this feature has been removed in the current version, it's not possible to see which artists you have thumbed down. They are not blocked however and you can still view their profile and listen to their music. If you decide you do like an artist after all but they stopped being chosen for your curated playlists, you can start listening to their music and at some point their music could reappear in your curated playlists.

We hope that helps! Please let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Ok, let's say I believe 🙂 Thanks for the response.

It seems like now that the new library feature has been implemented it’s gone again!!!!

Vote to bring it back!: [Mobile][Your Library] Bring back Hidden/Block Art... - The Spotify Community

Suggested posts