Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bose sound touch requires premium, but i'm a premium member?

Bose sound touch requires premium, but i'm a premium member?

I am having problems getting soundtouch to work with spotify, i am a premium member and have succesfully linked my premium account but when i go to play a song and error appear in soundtouch saying "Requires a premium account". This is really frustrating as I have a premium account, all my playlists are listed on soundtouch so it certainly is the correct account.

I have also tried a reinstall of spotify as listed in the Help section but it has done nothing, i have both reinstalled spotify and soundtouch and the error still appears.

6 Replies

Hey @dannybown,

We're here to help out 🙂

Could you send us a screenshot of the error message you've been you receiving? Also, as you have a Facebook-based account, you might need to set up a device password. You can do so here

Let us know how you get on. 

I am having the same issues but I did find out that you can play an album through the sound touch it is just the playlist that are not working. When I play a playlist then choose my device it just stops playing the music and everyonce in a while give the error on the bose device that you need a premium account. And the password set up is not allowing me to create a password getting error each time "There was a problem setting your password" no matter what I attempt to use as a password.

Thanks for trying @asdfasdfasdf33!

Could you send us a screenshot of the error message you've been receiving and of the user you used to log in? 

Keep us posted,

It is for the account listed with the following email crad.mwb04@gmail.com

Capture.PNG

I am having the same problem. We are a premimum account, but spotify on our Bose SoundTouch keeps crashing, and it tells us that we don't have a premium account. It wont play playlists period anymore. So many problems we are having. 

I'm having the same issue trying to listen a playlist. Both ways. Listening fron Spotify app ejen trying to connect with Bose it crashed and music stops. From Soundtouch app it requires to look for in tje explore section. Is the issue related with Spotify Connect??????

Suggested posts