Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bought Gift Card in wrong country...

Bought Gift Card in wrong country...

I bought a gift card in another country, and now it tells me that the countries won't match? A refund or another way to be premium without additional costs would be nice

1 Reply

@user-removed wrote:

I bought a gift card in another country, and now it tells me that the countries won't match? A refund or another way to be premium without additional costs would be nice

It is stated in the terms and conditions when you purchase a gift or eCard they can only be redeemed by account holders in the country in which the card was purchased (to obviously prevent people buying cards abroad where they are sometimes cheaper). If you have a payment method from the country where you purchased the card (such as a credit or debit card) you could use that to change your country on Spotify to allow you to redeem the card.

You can try your luck with Spotify support and see if there is anything they can do for you if you can't get it redeemed yourself. If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts